Hotel Terme Merano (Italy) Review

Discussion in 'Luxury Hotels' started by TRAVELSIG, Oct 15, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    I debated (with myself!) whether this belongs in the luxury hotel forum or not- and decided in the end yes it does merit being called a luxury hotel when considering also the attached hot springs (Termes in Italian language).

The hotel is located in the beautiful little spa town of Merano which is north of Bolzano Italy in the Dolomite mountains close to the border with Austria and near to Innsbruck and the Brennero pass.

The hotel has done an excellent job on their website with pictures including some 360 degree panoramic views which you can find here: http://www.hoteltermemerano.com/#1

I would recommend to book the larger category of rooms as some of the standard rooms are a bit cramped at 28-32 sq metres. The suites are also excellent value as they are not much of an upcharge compared to a deluxe room.

The best point of the hotel is that access to the termes are included with the room package and the termes are actually connected to the hotel by a heated underground walkway which you can use with a robe and slippers provided.

Service is very good and the design of the hotel- while exceptionally modern- is not cold (not easy in my experience). The bar has great drinks, the breakfast is wonderful, and combined with the overall experience of Merano I would say this place is worth the journey- especially if you are on your way from NE Italy to Munich for example or v.v.

Nearby (walking distance) is the Restaurant Andrea Fenoglio (www.sissi.andreafenoglio.com) which is one of my very favorite restaurants in the Dolomiti and is also worth the journey by itself.

One minor comment is that the rooms are not equipped with wireless internet- although the hotel will happily provided a wireless router free of charge if you ask for it- although you really didn't come to merano to use the internet did you????

The hotel is almost always sold out on weekends- yet never feels crowded. The one comment I have is that I wouldn't do the half-board (dinner included) option again as the restaurant I mentioned above is just too good to miss.

guinnessxyz and uggboy like this.
  2. LuizzeOliveira

LuizzeOliveira Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hotel Terme Merano has excellent physical structure and room interior also. Hotel's staff are so friendly and helpful and it's restaurant also offers delicious food. Hotel's beautiful location and peaceful area is perfect option for relaxation.

TRAVELSIG likes this.
  3. seysey

seysey New Member

Status Points:
    the service is good i guess

4. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi seysey and welcome to Milepoint.

In my opinion the service is quite good.

Feel free to post if you have any specific questions.

There is a promotion on currently at the hotel with reduced rates for longer stays as well if you feel like a longer spa experience.

uggboy likes this.