Hotel suggestions

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by ktspg, Aug 29, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. ktspg

ktspg Active Member

Status Points:
    I'm planning to stay 4 nights each in Cologne, Paris and Amsterdam in July next year. I would like recommendations for nice hotels for each of these cities. I have read much praises of the PH Paris - Vendome. I have points in HHonors, HGPassport and Marriott but am not sure of what to use in what city.

Kalboz likes this.
  2. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    How many points do you have in each program? Have you decided where in each city you want to stay? For example, in Paris do you want to stay near the Opera or is staying on the Champs what you want?

Have you done a search in both the MP and FT forums? That would give you a good start in seeing what people's experiences are at each of the hotels.

As for Paris, the Hilton ADT is leaving the chain so that hotel is no longer an option. Would suggest you make a list of which hotels are available in each of the cities. Then look at the point requirements vs how many point you have in each of the programs.

Kalboz likes this.
  3. ktspg

ktspg Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks deant. I have a little over 500k in HH. At first I was thinking of using HH to stay at Hilton for the 3 cities. Recently I discovered MP and read about the Hyatt Diamond trial. Just finished the challenge yesterday and am now with diamond status. I have 2 free suite nights thru CC and enough points for the remainder 2 nights. My question is is it better to use my Hyatt points for Paris and save my HH for the remainder of the trip as I'm not aware of a nicer Hyatt in Cologne or Amsterdam vs Hyatt Paris-Vendome.

I will not be traveling for work anymore and only for personal, hence, I wanted to maximize this trip with Diamond status at Hilton and Hyatt.

Kalboz likes this.
  4. peteropny
    Original Member

peteropny Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Well for your 2 free suite nights - there is no question - use it at the Paris Vendome - one of the jewels in the Hyatt chain as well as one of the top hotels in Paris. Cologne appears to get decent reviews but nobody raves about it. Amsterdam Andaz isn't open yet so no idea how the reviews will be.

viguera likes this.