Hotel Spotlight: The Goring

Discussion in 'Europe' started by NileGuide, Feb 24, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Prince William and Kate Middleton have chosen The Goring Hotel for their wedding guests and have booked all 71 luxurious rooms for April 28 and 29. Conveniently situated in London’s exclusive neighborhood of Belgravia, the hotel neighbors Buckingham Palace.
    For 100 years the five star, family run hotel has provided accommodation to royal families from around the world as well as heads of state and celebrities. Voted as the Top Hotel in Europe by Travel + Leisure Magazine in 2010.
    Rooms rates start around £335. Traditionally British, slightly stuffy and ever so grown up. If curiosity gets the best of you yet lodging here is out of budget, The Goring serves afternoon tea for £35 per person.
    images courtesy of The Goring

Continue reading...
  2. no-backpacker
    Original Member

no-backpacker Silver Member

I stayed at the Goring two years ago. I might had too high expectations, but for me, it was only a ok'ish stay. I don't know why I didn't like it, but I think it was because the service was very impersonel and cold. I prefer the Capital, which is also member of SLH. The service was much more personel (the door-man did a small-talk every day, asked me where I was going, greeted me when I came back, told me he was glad I to see me back before he left for the day etc... etc... the receptionist smiled every time I passed. The small things that make you feel welcome) and the location is much, much better (only a few meters from Harrods).