Hotel Reviews - Section Needed

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by CrankyScott, Feb 10, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. CrankyScott
    Original Member

CrankyScott Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would like to suggest that a hotel review section be created that includes:
    • Visit reports
    • Photos
    • Tips for the local area (like restaurant, grocery stores, shopping)
    There are a lot of fake reviews on other sites, it would be nice to see reviews here that are moderated and people can click to see the review history of the poster.

2. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've posted two on the Hyatt forum, and in past reviews I have commented about restaurants in the neighborhood. Are you asking for a completely different forum than what is covered here in the individual hotel forums? The ones in Hyatt include the word "review" in the title.

3. UADomer08
    Original Member

UADomer08 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm torn on this idea but I definitely see the value. I have received great advice through the hotel reviews but they are often difficult to find (even with a search) as there is no true convention for title or keywords. Often times the hotel reviews get lost amongst the constantly flowing points and program posts. Furthermore, the reviews can become quickly outdated or end up as 3-4 different threads. This typically happens when one review is posted under e.g Grand Wailea and another is posted under Hotels in Hawaii.

With that said, it is nice to only have to go to a single forum for all your shopping needs. I can search for current promotions, find a list of hotels that are participating, then look up their reviews. One option is to have a system for specifically denoting hotel reviews and keeping them focused and up to date. This way, when people search (possibly through an advanced option) they can quickly find only hotel reviews that match their keywords. This could certainly be helped by a wiki type format but I don't know that its the only solution.