Hotel Review: Intercontinental Singapore

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by MLW20, Sep 26, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    [​IMG]
    For our first night's stay in Singapore Kim and I wanted to stay somewhere nice but didn't really want to pay the price. I started looking into our options with various hotel programs.
    Singapore is a pricey city for hotel stays and our best choice ended up being the Intercontinental Singapore.

To get a free night at the Intercontinental Singapore I used my annual free night certificate from the Chase Priority Club Visa card. The certificate is earned yearly and all you have to do is pay the $49 annual fee. Keeping this card is no-brainer to me. For $49 we got a room in a great hotel that would've cost us a minimum of $250 for the night.

The Intercontinental Singapore is in a great location. It's under 20 minutes from the airport (in a taxi) and there is lots of shopping and restaurant options nearby. The Bugis Junction shopping complex is right down the street and Arab Street is under a 10 minute walk from the hotel.

When we arrived at the hotel our room was not available but the friendly staff at the check-in desk offered us another room to use while we waited. This was a really nice offer as we arrived around 9:00am, a bit earlier than the usual check-in time. We accepted and got to rest for a couple of hours which was really needed! (With stops, we had been traveling for over 25 hours.)

The first room was nice but pretty standard. I was too tired and did not take any pictures.

We went out for a couple of hours to get some lunch and walk around Arab Street. By the time we got back, our room was ready. The staff moved our luggage upstairs to our new room (they asked us in advance) which was very helpful.
    [​IMG]

This room was a big upgrade over our first room. I think we got an upgrade due to our Platinum Elite Status which comes along with the Chase Priority Club card.

Check out the rest of the review and some more pictures HERE

Zinzan, sobore, cennas and 3 others like this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Indeed, the IC Singapore is a great hotel, thanks for sharing your review with us on MP!:)

sendaiben and MLW20 like this.
  3. iterfacio12

iterfacio12 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm heading there next week for four nights, I'll report back afterwards.

MLW20 likes this.
  4. astraveln

astraveln Silver Member

Status Points:
    In the Ambassador Suite again tonight, cant agree more. In SIngapore, this hotel provides great value and great service......

MLW20 likes this.
  5. nacho

nacho Silver Member

Status Points:
    Lucky you. I didn't get any upgrade as Plat :(

6. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the review! I agree this is a great hotel, but I feel they're starting to feel a little bit dated. Nonetheless, still beautiful and luxurious.

MLW20 likes this.
  7. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    You;re welcome! I can see what you mean by dated but I think it fits Singapore well.

cennas and astraveln like this.
  8. astraveln

astraveln Silver Member

Status Points:
    Stay in the shophouse suites, they are NEW and well done. The Ambassador Suite, I agree with is a little dated but good condition, a better than Manila and Kuala Lumpur. But the RA value in Singapore is Incredible. If you dont need 1200 sq feet, just get the lowest club and get upgraded to the Shophouse, its a great room.

In the IC Manila now, like the lounge and location 5 star....(off topic)

iterfacio12 likes this.
  9. iterfacio12

Status Points:
    Per my stay a couple days ago: I was on a rewards stay (using BOGO cert), Friday through Tuesday. I booked the basic Club Intercontinental Room and got upgraded to the Shop Suite. That consisted of a relatively large bathroom with rain shower and tub, a bedroom with plentyof room and a couple chairs (with a great view out on the outside mall area which was great for people watching), and a separate living room with work desk, couch, lounge chair, and flatscreen (the BR has one as well).

Even better, I received full benefits as a Royal Ambassador. The mini-bar was very well stocked (Coke, Diet Coke, OJ, Cranberry Juice, six beers (Tiger, a Thai, & a European) two bottles each of the following: Bombay Gin, Scotch, & Vodka), a can each of Soda & Tonic Water, and bottles of water).

Plus, additional benefits (I know!); one welcome drink at the Victoria Bar, 1-for-1 dinner buffet at Olive Tree Restaurant, 1-for-1 afternoon tea at Lobby Lounge during weekdays 2 to 5pm, complimentary glass of wine with every set dinner at Man Fu Yuan restaurant, and complimentary wifi access at hotel public areas on Level 1 and level 2. Plus, three sets of clothing pressed, complimentary, and choice of welcome gift of swiss army knife, money clip, and commemorative spoon.

The Club lounge was quite good, the food selections were above average, & cocktail hour you had access to different types of white, red, and sparkling wine, the normal beer choices, and got to order your hard drinks as often as you liked. They even prepared mixed drinks that weren't on the menu (like Sidecars). Raj, one of the gentlemen who worked there, provided a daily dose of charisma and humor. When my SO was ordering a Singapore Sling for the second time, he came by and told her that the hotel doctor recommends at least five a day! I'll follow up this weekend with pictures for your viewing pleasure.

10. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

TheBeerHunter Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just FYI -- you should always get full RA benefits on BOGO stays. It's not the same as an award stay. For benefits purposes, it should always be considered the same as "paid".

iterfacio12 likes this.
  11. iterfacio12

Status Points:
    Corrections made.