Hotel Review: Hilton Brighton Metropole… when things go wrong

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by Prior2Boarding, Aug 8, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Prior2Boarding

Prior2Boarding New Member

Status Points:
    I recently stayed at the Hilton Brighton Metropole, using 40,000 HHonors points for each of two room reservations for friends and me (80,000 total points). The hotel is a century old, beautiful beachfront building that, on the website, looked like this (nice Lamborghini to boot): The Metropole (or Hilton Metropole as it is now known) is a throw back to the days when going to the beach in England was a luxurious, and stylish upper middle class affair. These days, the hotel’s common areas reflect this former grandeur with chandeliers and old- world ambiance, and are in a decent shape. However, the rooms we paid for with HHonors points were some of the worse Hilton hotel rooms I have stayed in. The mirror was cracked and broken, and literally held together by duck tape. The shower handle was broken off, and there was mold growing in the shower. I have stayed at nicer Motel 6 and Super 8 motels than this supposed Hilton! The staff at the hotel clearly do not care either. We requested a high floor room away from the elevators, and were given a second floor room (out of 6 floors) right next to the elevator, in spite [...] The post Hotel Review: Hilton Brighton Metropole… when things go wrong appeared first on Fly2Travel.

Continue reading...