Hotel Review: HGI Gainesville, GA

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Handleman20, Jan 23, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Handleman20

Handleman20 Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is the third time I've stayed at the HGI in Gainesville and the third time the hotel has done a mostly serviceable job in taking care of me. This time they did not note my Gold status (but in her defense it WAS 11:45PM) on check-in, and actually asked me if I wanted breakfast or points (I thought this was part of the MyWay stuff I had selected, but okay). The room itself was decent and clean except for a small rust-colored spot on the soap tray in the shower.

The positive about this hotel is that you get an automatic 10% discount at any of the dining places you can walk to, which include a steak house, a Red Lobster, Chilis, and Applebees. The negative is that the walls are surprisingly thin. I don't consider myself part bat or anything but I could hear the guy in the room next to me complaining about my alarm waking him up this morning, which means we were both annoyed by it.

All in all, not a bad place and got the job done but not a vacation destination by any stretch.

uggboy likes this.
  2. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    "The positive about this hotel is that you get an automatic 10% discount at any of the dining places you can walk to, which include a steak house, a Red Lobster, Chilis, and Applebees""

Oh oh, another Applebees....

<lol>

DTWBOB

uggboy and autolycus like this.
  3. Handleman20

Status Points:
    I think Applebees searches for Hiltons like McDonalds with WalMart. "When you see a Hilton, so ye shall find an Applebees"

uggboy likes this.
  4. Handleman20

Status Points:
    Hmm... has anyone had issues with the MyWay points not showing up at a hotel? Somehow mine didn't pop up on my efolio for either stay at this property last week...