Hotel Review: Hampton Inn Charlotte Airport

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by autolycus, Jan 23, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. autolycus

autolycus Gold Member

This was my first time staying at this property. The lobby and room had a more modern style than many Hampton Inns. It was well appointed and felt like it was recently updated--I do not know for sure when it was built or most recently renovated. The front desk was friendly and had correctly noted my request for higher floor room and to be away from the elevators and vending machines. I am a Silver, so no need for them to have recognized or done anything else.

They actually put me in the corner room furthest from those. The room, a king, was a good size, with a small hallway past the bathroom (as is typical) and the bed actually oriented parallel to the door, with the headboard against the bathroom wall. The room and bathroom seemed clean and the bed was newer and comfortable. The bathroom had a shower rather than the usual tub/shower combo. It was a good size shower, and I never use the tub in a hotel, so I very much appreciated that.

Breakfast was standard Hampton Inn fare: oatmeal, small cereal boxes, eggs, yogurt, etc.

My only nit to pick is that my HHonors profile has my personal credit card which was initially listed on the express check-out folio even though I had given the desk clerk my office credit card to them at check-in. The gentleman at the desk at check-out apologized, corrected it, and printed a new folio quickly.

It did look like they had two airport shuttle vans, but I was not actually heading from or to the airport, so I cannot report on how clean or efficient/timely they are.
    uggboy and Handleman20 like this.