Hotel near EZE airport

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by MarkUK, Feb 15, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. MarkUK
    Original Member

MarkUK Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I have a one day (930am-930pm) turn around at EZE. Could anyone recommend a hotel near the airport please?

2. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    EZE doesn't have any airport properties. There aren't any chains around there, either.

http://www.posadadelasaguilas.com is nearby - I don't know anything about it. Otherwise, you'll probably have to go into the city.

Gaucho likes this.
  3. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Considering you have 12 (gross) hours in Buenos Aires, I think it would be best for you to go into town. Not sure how good the day rates for the large international chain hotels are, if you have status with one of the large ones it may be a good option to call them and ask. You can at least do some sightseeing and grab a nice lunch before its time for you to get back to the airport.

MarkUK likes this.
  4. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    A couple of thoughts:
    (1) My first thought was that he wanted to sleep.
    (2) Even if you can't get a day rate, if one has SPG status (or from another program with the same benefit), you can pay for the night prior and still get a guaranteed 4pm checkout. (Believe it or not, that can be cheaper than a "day rate" which might kick you out by 6pm in any event).

Note that 930pm is "prime time" at EZE and even if you aren't flying in clase basura, you still need to allow a lot of time for the airport.

Gaucho likes this.
  5. MarkUK
    Original Member

MarkUK Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Thanks very much for the information.
    I shall contact a couple of hotels where I have status and see what they say.

Gaucho likes this.
  6. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Great... if you have a moment, please come back and report your experience, this will be valuable information for others !!!