Hotel near BOM airport

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by Desidivo, Aug 31, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Desidivo

Desidivo Silver Member

Status Points:
    I need to find a very nice hotel near Mumbai airport. We are flying in very late and have an early start the next day so I was hoping to find a very good hotel that is close to the airport.

I have had varying experiences with hotels in India and would love to find out what is best one to select.

uggboy and Newscience like this.
  2. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:
    There is Leela Kempenski, Le Meridien, Sheraton Grand Maratha, Marriott Courtyard, Hyatt, all within 2-3 mile radius of the International airport, there used to be Intercontinental, which is now Lalit.

3. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    There is also a Holiday Inn that's not bad nearby but the traffic can be congested getting there. If it's early enough it might not be too bad.

4. Desidivo

Desidivo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is there one you would recommend? I was reading about the Hyatt and found a few people say that if you get the wrong room, the noise will keep you up as sound proofing was not very good.

uggboy likes this.
  5. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Leela isn't managed / marketed by Kempinski anymore since a year or so, as Leela and Kempinski have severed ties after 25 years, same happened with InterContinental too. But yes, there's the Leela and the Lalit, without their respective former managers / brands.

More info:

http://post.jagran.com/hotel-chain-...inue-25yearold-ties-with-kempinski-1381141479

and

http://travel.financialexpress.com/201112/market16.shtml

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
    anileze likes this.
  6. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:
    True, I was sloppy. Interestingly, in India, even after a relationship is severed, locals will keep on mentioning the name in the same manner as before; Denial syndrome of sorts. Years after IHC severed ties with one of the oldest Holiday Inn property by the Juhu Beach, locals and cabdrivers still call it Juhu- Holiday Inn ;)

uggboy likes this.
  7. Blue Skye
    Original Member

Blue Skye Silver Member

Status Points:
    Last year i stayed at Hilton Mumbai near the airport. i thought it was a nice hotel, even though i wasn't there but one night. i got in very late (2am), and they gave me a very late check out 3-4pm. YMMV

anileze and uggboy like this.