dream48 Active Member

Status Points:
    Could somebody advice me on a hotel at the airport on Bangkok

uggboy likes this.
  2. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    There is a Novotel right there on the airport grounds but you will pay dearly for it. You might take a look at the following web site which has tons of hotels near the airport. agoda.com I have stayed at the Best Western near the airport it was great. beautiful room, restaurant etc, but it's not near anything, great for an airport stopover. Complimentary shuttle from and to the airport, ride takes about 15 minutes.

uggboy likes this.
  3. sosphistocles

sosphistocles Silver Member

Status Points:
    I stayed at the Novotel BKK and I gotta say that although it is convenient, I wish I had stayed somewhere else. The rooms were a bit on the drab side and I paid over 150 usd just for the day rate.

sfo1 and uggboy like this.
  4. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:

It is really the convenience that makes the Novotel worthwhile- I do agree it is far from the most exciting property in Bangkok.

I would also suggest taking the yellow express line train into town and staying at a nearby hotel even for a short visit (there is for example a new Holiday Inn right there IIRC).

sfo1 and uggboy like this.
  5. sosphistocles

sosphistocles Silver Member

Status Points:
    I didn't know about the HI! I'll keep it mind the next time I have a long layover in BKK. Thanks for the tip

TRAVELSIG and uggboy like this.
  6. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    We like the Novotel Suvarnabhumi BKK, a great property after or before our flights. :) We had only good experiences with the property so far and would not hesitate to stay at the Novotel again in the future. Large rooms, gorgeous pool, big atrium, restaurants and Thai garden too.

Thanks for the Holiday Inn info.

sfo1 and TRAVELSIG like this.
  7. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Novotel is not value for money IMO It is a souless, expensive hotel and you still need to take a shuttle to get there and back.

I much prefer to choose a hotel on agoda (or similar) for 1/6 the cost (granted it is not so grand) and spend the money elsewhere.