Hotel Lifetime Status

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by Jasper2009, Feb 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Jasper2009
    Original Member

Jasper2009 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was just wondering: Which hotels have an official / unofficial lifetime status program and what is the criteria?

Maybe we can create a master thread...

Hyatt:

Lifetime Diamond status requirement (thanks to MarkUK):

1) 10 consecutive years of membership
    2)1,000,000 base miles - no bonus points count and at $1 = 5 points a spend of $200,000
    3) If you chose airline miles and not gold passport points, the stay doesn't count towards lifetime

Intercontinental:

???

Starwood:

doesn´t offer a lifetime status program

Marriott:

1. 12 or more years as a Marriott rewards member and at least one year of earned membership at the corresponding level.

AND

2. Lifetime Silver = 600 nights, Lifetime Gold = 800 nights, Lifetime Platinum = 1,000 nights (Qualified nights from all sources count)

AND

3. Lifetime Silver = 1,200,000 points, Lifetime Gold = 1,600,00 points, Lifetime Platinum = 2,000,000 points (Points from all sources count)

Hilton:

???

Radisson:

???

Choice:

???

Fairmont:

doesn´t offer a lifetime status program afaik

2. Mileage Junky
    Original Member

Mileage Junky Silver Member

Status Points:
    Lifetime Marriott Status

All of the following requirements are needed to hit the corresponding lifetime tier:

1. 12 or more years as a Marriott rewards member and at least one year of earned membership at the corresponding level.

2. Lifetime Silver = 600 nights, Lifetime Gold = 800 nights, Lifetime Platinum = 1,000 nights (Qualified nights from all sources count)

3. Lifetime Silver = 1,200,000 points, Lifetime Gold = 1,600,00 points, Lifetime Platinum = 2,000,000 points (Points from all sources count)

3. Jasper2009
    Original Member

Jasper2009 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank´s Mileage Junkie!

I´ve updated the first post accordingly.

flyingdawg likes this.
  4. sinfonia
    Original Member

sinfonia Silver Member

Status Points:
    Starwood: none (at least for now) from earning. However, as JAbrams72 points out, there is status for a timeshare purchase.

flyingdawg likes this.
  5. JAbrams72
    Original Member

JAbrams72 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm pretty sure (it used to be the case) that Starwood gave you lifetime gold for a timeshare purchase and Hilton Lifetime silver for the same.

flyingdawg likes this.
  6. Lighthouse
    Original Member

Lighthouse Gold Member

Status Points:
    Fairmont similarly has a President's Circle for those who buy into their properties.

flyingdawg likes this.
  7. Cholula
    Original Member

Cholula Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I've been Lifetime Platinum for several years in the Marriott program. In fact I was in the first wave of those given this status. And when I received the status it was also tied into having the Marriott Rewards Visa but I can't remember the tie-in. Evidently that's no longer a requirement.

flyingdawg likes this.
  8. CIPAS
    Original Member

CIPAS Silver Member

Status Points:
    IHG gives LT RA... but no official requirement. Just like RA status.
    I'm guessing... nights + spending + years.... and much higher than Hyatt LT spending.

flyingdawg likes this.
  9. Punki
    Original Member

Punki Silver Member

Status Points:
    We were Marriott and Hilton people for a while but then, in 1999, Quiet Lion talked me into switching from Marriott to Starwood. Being Starwood Platinum and Hilton Diamond has served us well for the past decade+ but with our decreased in travel in 2010 we let go of our Hilton status and just maintained Starwood. To the best of my knowledge neither Hilton or Starwood have lifetime status and I now lament the fact that we didn't stick with Marriott to have some sort of lifetime hotel status for our old age.

We will be able to maintain our Starwood status through work for another few year and are hoping that before we retire they might gift us with Lifetime. I love the suite upgrades, lounge access, the free bottles of wine, the free internet, and most especially the automatic 4:00 p.m. checkout. It will be so painful to return to being an ordinary mortal someday. :(

It is so easy to get spoiled and so hard to learn to live without the special perks.

CescoAiel, Cholula, uggboy and 2 others like this.
  10. latrobe
    Original Member

latrobe Silver Member

Status Points:
    At least with Hilton it is negotiable-instead of lifetime silver I got 30 years of HH gold-and as I was in my late 50s I considered that equal to lifetime.

11. Kaanapali
    Original Member

Kaanapali Gold Member

Status Points:
    I know this is more of a time-limited offer...but with regard to Fairmont, the following post/thread may be of interest wherein you can apparently get lifetime Platinum with Fairmont (their highest level)
    http://milepoint.com/forums/threads...ree-night-in-the-sf-fairmont-prez-suite.3999/

flyingdawg likes this.
  12. neil
    Original Member

neil Silver Member

Status Points:
  13. Kaanapali
    Original Member

Kaanapali Gold Member

Status Points:
    Figures :)

neil likes this.
  14. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Eloy Fonseca Neto Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone know the qualification for IHG LT Royal Ambassador? Thanks!!!

15. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    SPG Gold should also give the 4 pm checkout and free water (on SPG floors) but lounge access and upgrades beyond preferred rooms in the reserved category can be rare.

16. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Although I would personally benefit, to me hotels giving lifetime status is a bit silly from an economic perspective- already the major problem with the hotel programs is that there are far more status members checking into most hotels than there are available upgrades etc- leading inevitably to disappointment.

The hotel programs may be better off in the long term offering discounts to suite upgrades (as Shangri-La does) or a few certificiates (like Hyatt)- but promising people something that cannot possibly be delivered on doesn't help anyone in the short or longer-term- and lifetime status will only excaberate the program.

If, on retirement, I cannot pay to stay where I want/when I want/how I want, I have a lot more budgeting problems to be upset with than a hotel recognition program decision making on lifetime status :)

17. Cholula
    Original Member

Cholula Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Lifetime Platinum status at Marriott rarely involves a suite upgrade but you normally get upgraded to Concierge Level if there is one at the hotel you're staying.

Whether it makes sense for the hotels to grant lifetime status is something for them to ponder. But for me the welcome gift, the guaranteed availability, the Concierge Level upgrade, free breakfasts for two and bonus Marriott Reward points mean I'll chose Marriott everytime.

Just finished planning a trip through South FL and the Keys and will be staying in five hotels that trip. And we're booking several rooms for family. Four of the five nights we'll be at Marriott's. I doubt that we would tilt so far in Marriott's direction if it wasn't for Lifetime Platinum status.

flyingdawg and TRAVELSIG like this.
  18. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi Choula- I do agree that if I had a lifetime Platinum status it would definitely tip me in favour of certain hotels- this is an excellent point. Free breakfast doesn't hurt at all either- I end up staying at a number of Virtuoso hotels and now LHW properties for this reason.

Cholula likes this.
  19. PedroNY
    Original Member

PedroNY Silver Member

Status Points:
    When I attended Hilton TimeShare presentation, they had a chart that they showed us. From what I remember, if you are willing to go for the highest tier of that program, you will recieve Diamond status while you are in that program. I believe it was over $175,000 that you had to put down. I hope I remember this right, it was a few years back.

Best,

PedroNY

20. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I don't think I spent the half of that to attain that status...

21. MyTravels
    Original Member

MyTravels Silver Member

Status Points:
    Around 10-years ago they offered lifetime Gold-esque to AARP members, registration via phone only, I think the program was called "Preferred Plus."

SPG honored it for about 2 years then conveniently disavowed any knowledge of the promo.
    Hilton has extended status for 3 years (rather than one), although there's no public written criteria on what initiates the criteria for the extension (that I know of).

On TOBB I believe that I read some time ago that property employees can nominate a repeat-loyal customer for some form of extended status, possibly lifetime but I can't say for sure.

OceanBreezes likes this.
  22. man on the move.

man on the move. Silver Member

Status Points:
    i believe it is 10 years RA. But i think there are some other routes. It used to be 6 continents and 100 nights in the year, or big spends, but that was 6CC. i was close to ten years, but lost it for 3 years. back to RA again, and it is not quite as good. Used to get top suites and free everything. Still great program for a heavy traveller.

flyingdawg likes this.
  23. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I really thought that LT RA didn't exist!!! Well I'm in my 4th year!!! If I know anything I'll sure post it here! Cheers!!

iterfacio12 and man on the move. like this.
  24. rharrigill
    Original Member

rharrigill Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well, now this needs to be updated!

25. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points: