Hotel Indigo London Paddington - REVIEW

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by tom911, Feb 21, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Had a 3 night stay here over last weekend, using both an award night and a paid stay. Checked in at 11a.m. on a Thursday morning and was assigned a room on the 3rd floor at the end of the hallway. Great location as it was quiet my entire stay. Hotel is just around the corner from the Praed Street exit at Paddington Station on London Street (there's two markets inside that station should you want to bring anything back in terms of drinks or snacks and they both sell prepackaged sandwiches and salads).

Free wi-fi worked in both restaurant and room without any problems. I did go down for the 7.95 pound continental breakfast two mornings, offered with a 25% discount to hotel guests, and it was fine. A 75 pence gratuity was automatically added to the bill.

Not much of a lobby to sit in. It consists of about 4 chairs that hang over into the restaurant area. Beyond that are tables for the restaurant.

Breakfast buffet consisted of croissants (plain and almond the first morning), raisin danish (the second morning in place of the almond croissant), a bowl of fruit, and a variety of cold cereals and juices. Also choice of a hot drink (I had breakfast tea both days). Not much compared to other hotels I've been at, but with the hotel discount it was less than $US10 before gratuity and you just can't do that at the other hotels I've stayed at in London to start the day. The muesli, pastry, juice and tea were just enough to start my day off, and the price is fair for what you get.

A hot breakfast with eggs is offered for 9.95 pounds, and you can also order from a menu.

One of the best features here is restaurants right outside the door. There are two Italian restaurants and one Greek restaurant. My party of three hit the San Marco Italian restaurant where the entrees averaged 7 pounds ($US11) and a side salad was 3 pounds ($5). I had gnocchi with a four cheese sauce, and one of my friends had a linguini dish, and we were all happy with out selections. I'd most certainly dine here again if I found myself out that way and would definitely stay at Hotel Indigo.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

sobore, ArizonaGuy, Chimpy and 8 others like this.
  2. Rob
    Original Member

Rob Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the review Tom; any chance your paid rate was one of the 2-4-1 rates? Seems like this hotel is pretty consistently available for the 2-4-1 rate.

3. This hotel is great for award stays. They look after Plats very well with regard to upgrades. With the Heathrow Express a few steps away, this is my new 'airport hotel'

4. ag51
    Original Member

ag51 Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's worth mentioning that there are two Hotel Indigos in London - this one is the "London Paddington" but there is also a "London Tower Hill".

Paddington station is where the Heathrow Express train terminates, so handy for the airport and with good tube and bus connections around London. Some people complain about noise from the street if you get one of the rooms at the front of the hotel, but it's never been an issue for me.

5. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, it was. I paid $200 for Friday and the Saturday was free. I used a Sweet Dilemma reward night for the Thursday and saved over $200 for that night. I was traveling with friends and we got them a room with breakfast at Hilton Olympia on Thursday for around $160 a night which was good for a weekday. Just 3 Tube stops away so that worked for us.

6. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've requested that the title be corrected to add "Paddington". Looks like it's already been fixed! Thank you.

7. raysian
    Original Member

raysian Silver Member

Status Points:
    Great review of Hotel Indigo - Paddington. We are staying there again in April!

8. Rob
    Original Member

Rob Gold Member

Status Points:
    As a Platinum member, they also comped the wired internet and tv stuff. Internet connection was good the entire time. When I showed up in the morning (after cleaning up at the arrivals lounge at LHR and taking HEX into town), they stashed my luggage for me until a room was clean while I went sightseeing. I didn't bother with the breakfast and just grabbed food at the markets in paddington station. Couple small complimentary bottles of water. I'll be staying again next week before catching HEX to an 8am LHR flight.

9. 21h21j

21h21j Silver Member

Status Points:
    Reply from Indigo today:

10. ArizonaGuy
    Original Member

ArizonaGuy Silver Member

Status Points:
    I also happen to like this neighborhood in general. Some people would rather stay in Victoria, The City or other areas but I really have no problem in this area. There are some decent restaurants here, it feels less touristy though there are also plenty of low-end budget hotels. Obviously with Paddington the Underground options are plentiful and it's a fairly short walk to Hyde Park.

After this review and Lucky's, I'll definitely consider the Hotel Indigo Paddington for future London visits.

11. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was in London again two weeks ago and this property was running $250 a night on the weekend. I ended up at a Holiday Inn Express on a 2 for 1 rate that broke down to about $90 a night instead.

12. sdcarver
    Original Member

sdcarver Silver Member

Status Points:
    Has anyone here been able to stay at both the Indigo Paddington and Indigo Tower Hill and coud compare the two? I have reservations for the Indigo Tower Hill in September and was looking for a point of refrence between the two...

Thanks!
    sdcarver

13. Mark.Dragon
    Original Member

Mark.Dragon Silver Member

Status Points:
  14. bartla

bartla Silver Member

Status Points: