Hotel in Phi Phi?

Discussion in 'Thailand' started by colt245, Jan 6, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. colt245

colt245 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Potentially going to Thailand, have done a rough itinerary, and have hotels sorted for Bangkok, Phuket, then possibly staying at the Elephant Hills resort for one night, then heading back to Phuket Hotel to go onto Koh Phi Phi, however haven't been able to find a hotel that stands out yet, any suggestions? Thanks

uggboy and Kalboz like this.
  2. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    It all depends on your budget, loyalty programs, and expectations. Several properties come to mind depending on how much you want to spend:

Holiday Inn Resort: Located right at the beach, this can be had for 35K IHG points (cost under $200) and is considered as one of the top properties on Phi Phi Don.

Zeavola: Luxury property and the best accommodations on the island - lowest rates could be in the high $300++ per night.

There is also the beachfront Outrigger Resort that will set you back $300++ per night.

Many other smaller independent hotels dot the island that are fine for backpackers but lack on quality.

Other than the stunning beaches and scenery, there isn't much to do on Koh Phi Phi itself. I'd book for Phuket and do a day trip to Koh Phi Phi (that's what we did) if the rates are too high or the accommodations too mediocre to your liking.

uggboy and colt245 like this.
  3. colt245

colt245 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thankyou! I have looked at the Zeavola accommodation and seen the Holiday Inn Resort which seems like the best so far in terms of value and style! I would only be staying in Koh Phi Phi for a night or two, but I plan on doing day trips mostly, around Phuket. Thanks for your help

4. uweheldt

uweheldt Member

Status Points:
    I can definitely recommend the Holiday Inn Phi Phi. The SunSet bar is fantastic and although it's years ago I still can remember all the details there. Worth staying there.

uggboy, astraveln and Kalboz like this.
  5. astraveln

astraveln Silver Member

Status Points:
    Was just their in May, had a really nice upgrade as well. As a Platinum, they gave me the first boat as well and the baggage guy told our travelling companion in Thai that we were VIP's. Kind of funny but nice.

Holiday Inn checks the boxes for me. Sunset bar is great as well. So I have just restated everything Uweheldt said.... On a separate note, there is a small grocery store to buy beer, drinks etc right next to the hotel. brings down the bar tab for those of us that indulge.