Hotel Hustle: Now with HHonors

Discussion in 'Wandering Aramean Travel Tools' started by Wandering Aramean, Dec 4, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Slowly but surely I’m getting the feature set completed on Hotel Hustle, the hotel award (and paid!) rate comparison tool. The latest addition is inclusion of the Hilton HHonors program as part of the search results. More than 4,200 properties are included in the mapping, bringing the total number of mapped hotels north of 27,000 across

[​IMG]

Just like all the other brands the HHonors results in Hotel Hustle will include a score for the relative value of the redemption compared to a nominal HHonors point value (currently set to 0.5 cents/point).

[​IMG]

The first couple hundred test queries have shown an average cpp value for HHonors around 0.4 cents so there’s a pretty good chance that number will be adjusted going forward, but I had to start somewhere.

I’m also collecting cash & points data from HHonors as part of the data process but not yet displaying it, mostly because I haven’t figured out how to parse & value those awards. But I’m working on it and the data is available so that bodes well for including it in the future.

Related Posts:

The post Hotel Hustle: Now with HHonors appeared first on Wandering Aramean.

Continue reading...

newbluesea and blackjack-21 like this.