Hotel Gouging

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by profpeabody, Jan 31, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. profpeabody

profpeabody Silver Member

Status Points:
    Have a meeting coming up in SF. Hotel is charging $125 per gallon for coffee. I know I am getting older - and I don't want to sound like a curmudgeon talking about back in my day - but Good Grief!!!! That is over a dollar per OUNCE of coffee after they add on the tax and the service charge of 23%. The hotel has a FedEx Office on the premises. I was going to get my booklets printed there but the cost for that was over $1000 more than the cost at the FedEx office less than a mile away for the exact same order. I can take a limo to pick them up and still save money! LOL. Guess Marriott is taking their Ritz affiliation to heart!

2. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    I ran into something similar at a Hilton. I guess the concession fee they charge the businesses located on their premises has something to do with it. You sure do pay for the "convenience".

profpeabody likes this.
  3. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:
    Marriott gouged on Internet access, room service and everything. I'm told only Adult channels used to be discounted ;) Now smartphones have killed two birds, and a sneaky owl with one device :)