Hotel Fulfills Guest's Ridiculous Request Involving Bacon

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by sobore, Jul 23, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.gadling.com/2013/07/16/hotel-fulfills-guests-ridiculous-request-involving-bacon/

[​IMG]

A man staying with his girlfriend at the Woodlands Resort in Houston may have forgotten about the silly request he made when booking, but the hotel didn't. In the "Comments or Special Request" field, Dustin Wray asked for three single M&Ms ("One for me, one for my girlfriend, and one to split if we get hungry late at night") and a picture of bacon set on the bed.

He added: "I love pictures of bacon."

A month went by. The couple forgot about the request.

"I was quite confused when I walked in and saw three single red M&Ms," wrote Wray, whose girlfriend started laughing at a framed picture of bacon on the bed. Things clicked, and Wray soon found himself posting to Imgur.com (below) and Reddit.

More people have stepped forward on Reddit to share tales of hotels going above and beyond, including one person who asked for (and received) a picture of a dinosaur on a pizza box. Last year, we posted about the Fairmont Winnipeg fulfilling a request for "a pre-made pillow fort and Vanilla Coke."

Read More: http://www.gadling.com/2013/07/16/hotel-fulfills-guests-ridiculous-request-involving-bacon/

2. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is boss. :) Creative way to get some free marketing for the hotel when things go right... and a good culture in terms of customer appreciation.

My strange request, fulfilled? A loan of some chef's pants for a night.

guberif and javacodeguy like this.
  3. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's verging on WTMI. :p

Mike Reed likes this.
  4. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
    I hear some hotels in BKK will fulfill all your wishes too...

5. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
  6. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points: