Hotel for 23 Hours in Seoul

Discussion in 'Asia' started by riceoven, Jun 5, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. riceoven

riceoven Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi all,

I have a 23 hr connection in Seoul (6pm-5pm next day) and want to see a bit of the city and eat some BBQ. Currently I have the Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel and Park Hyatt Seoul booked, but can't decide which one to stay at (or if there is another one I should book). The Sheraton seems a little closer to the airport, so perhaps going back won't take as long and there's less city traffic to go through. However, the PH is the PH and closer to the city (and the BBQ place I have in mind is walking distance from it). I'm trying to save money on transportation and find the fastest way in/out of these hotels from the airport. Any recommendations or ideas?

uggboy and rookie10 like this.
  2. rookie10

rookie10 Silver Member

Status Points:
    You can take the bus directly from the airport to the COEX area which is walking distance to the PH. I forgot the name it has some abbreviation Central city terminal(?) located next to the IC hotel. The City terminal can also check your bags as well as ticketing and immigration fee once your ready to leave for the airport. The PH will cover the taxi when you depart or you can walk 10 mins to get there. I think the bus from the airport was 12 dollars each way and may take 1 and 1/2 hour to get there depending on traffic. Also, the PH is just steps from the subway so if you needed to go somewhere it is conveniently located. Plenty of shopping in the area as well. The last time I was at the PH Seoul I used a suite upgrade and I was impressed. Very nice accommodations. I think you should have plenty of time to get into Seoul, eat a nice dinner rest up or stay out and check out late morning.

uggboy likes this.
  3. riceoven

riceoven Silver Member

Status Points:
    good to know thanks! I've actually stayed at the PH Seoul once but I used their car service last time (on the company) so didn't any of this. Can you elaborate more on the taxi that PH will pay for on departure? Does it take you to the city terminal? And then how do you get from city terminal to the airport? Thanks.

4. rookie10

rookie10 Silver Member

Status Points:
    The PH Seoul will have at least one Black Taxi (higher fare type) outside waiting. Just let them know ahead of time when you plan on departing just to make sure. They will pay the taxi driver to take you to the City terminal, since most people will have luggage this is probably the preferred route. Once you get to the city terminal (5 mins away), you can check in for ticketing as well as check in any bags. Then you can pay the immigration fee and take the bus directly to the airport. They have buses that depart every 30 mins or more frequent (can't remember exactly). It was very convenient for myself and my wife. Funny thing is I met Brain Gumbel at the PH Seoul when I was there. Exchanged a few words, nice guy. Check your PM.

5. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Traffic can be brutal. I did 23 hours in Seoul a couple years back and stayed at the W, it was worth it I thought but I did spend way too much of my time in the car.