Hotel fees to creep up in 2013

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by uggboy, Feb 6, 2013.  |  Print Topic

?

Do you expect "hotel fees" to go up this year?

Poll closed Feb 6, 2014.
  1. YES

50.0%
  2. NO

50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    || Hotel fees to creep up in 2013 ||

INCLUDING:

Hotel fees have the potential to "increase" this year and maybe new hotel fees are on the horizon too. It's interesting that the hotel industry could "slip up" into "low-cost add-on airline" style pricing. Don't tell me it is "all about segmentation or fragmentation" and "that we really want or need it" such pricing models.

2. autolycus

autolycus Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think the only thing to say here is: Blech.

uggboy likes this.
  3. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Funny you should post this uggboy- I have been moving more and more frequently to hotels that include more instead of less. Free internet has been moving to a must criteria for me in many markets now for example.

uggboy and autolycus like this.
  4. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm actually much more aware of hotels who offer more inclusions than less, but it still seems a problem with many hotels who prefer " to offer less and less, and when they offer something incl. internet, charge high fees for the services rendered ". I can only recommend hotels who don't nickel and dime guests, these are mostly hotels outside the " traditional " chains from my experience.

5. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Another reason that in 2011-2013 (so far) I have stayed in far fewer chains than owner operated hotels. Owner operated hotels can be very good- a couple of weeks ago I was in San Candido and the owner of the hotel personally introduced himself and asked what could be done to improve the hotel- this is something that a chain hotel cannot do. Everything was included here by the way- even parking.

uggboy likes this.