Hotel du Louvre???

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by Steven Schwartz, Apr 24, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Steven Schwartz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Always happy to see more Hyatts in wonderful places. Looking at Paris, it seems they have taken over a very well-located older hotel and I'm sure they will bring it up to speed. But reading the room descriptions on the Hyatt website (which is a big improvement!) shows that a standard room is in the 150 square foot range!

Has anyone stayed here? Could this possibly be correct? Nice to have something less than a Category 6 but that sounds more like a closet than a room! Love to know if anyone has ever stayed there.

Thanks.

2. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sounds like a cabin on a Royal Caribbean Cruise ship (157 square feet) really, really cozy, but doable, since most people just sleep in the room.

MX likes this.
  3. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just asked @HyattConcierge since the website actually indicates a king room as being sub 60 square feet. Which would be insanely small. Also, they're wanting some crazy prices for sample dates i checked. 650 Euros for a small room in the Winter? No thanks!

4. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Any recent experiences for Diamonds? Reserved in a suite at the PHPV for four nights. Considering doing the new Points and Cash here (plus a Diamond Suite Upgrade) for total of 40,000 points and $500 with 92,000 points back in my account for another day. Been to the PH four times and absolutely love it. Would this be nuts?

5. jetsetr
    Original Member

jetsetr Gold Member

Status Points:
    I stayed at the Hotel du Louvre last September 2013 (four months ago) using points. Room size was more than adequate, definitely more than 150 sf (though perhaps I was treated to an upgraded room as a Diamond). The room certainly felt a bit dated, but the view was spectacular (could see Opera Garnier and the Louvre from my windows), the room was clean, the beddings and bathroom were new-looking and comfortable, and the location was great.

I love the Paris Vendome, too, and I have a three-night suite reservation held there for later this year. Though the Louvre C&P rate is very tempting, I'm keeping my PV reservation because the likelihood of my returning anytime soon to PV - in a suite, no less - is miniscule with the point devaluation.

However, I have only stayed at the PV once before (granted, for a seven-night stay), whereas you have stayed four times. I guess it comes down to how well you think you could leverage the 92K points in exchange for knowing that the PV property is more out of reach for your next visit if you voluntarily downgrade yourself.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  6. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Getting ready to leave the PH today after another wonderful stay. In taking a walk, just happened to pass by the Hotel du Louvre and decided to stop in a look around. Lovely gentleman working the front desk could not have been more gracious. Hotel will start total renovation soon and when completed, it will be rebranded as part of the Andaz chain.

I really like the location - feels more in the mix than the stately PH. In addition, question if I can retain my Diamond status in the immediate future. 30,000 points gets me a room at the PH while 32,000 gets me a suite at the Hotel du Louvre. Will probably give it a try next time.

That said, had another wonderful stay at the Park Hyatt. They continue to impress.