Hotel Arts Barcelona, managed by Ritz-Carlton

Discussion in 'Luxury Hotels' started by uggboy, Oct 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    We stayed at the Hotel Arts Barcelona, managed by Ritz-Carlton recently for a long weekend and here are some of our impressions of this beautiful property by the sea.

Complimented by photos taken during our stay // See the link to our Flickr account below each image.

[​IMG]
    Untitled by UggBoy♥UggGirl [ PHOTO // WORLD // TRAVEL ], on Flickr

^ The lobby which is one floor up from the entrance of this stunning hotel

October 2011

Club King Deluxe Room with Ritz-Carlton "El Club" Lounge Access

Private Concierge, stunning views over Barcelona and the sea // endless blue // endless beauty presented by the Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company.

King size bed, luxury linen, Hediard Paris mini bar products // rare water choices, champagne // Bang and Olufsen TV // CD // Radio, Mobile phone // views over the city and the endless blue of the sea // gorgeous seating area // writing desk // adaptor services // beautiful room service offerings // breakfast // lunch // afternoon tea // evening offerings and dessert presentation in the Club Lounge //

[​IMG]

^ Our Club Deluxe King Room with views over the city and the sea

[​IMG]

^ View into the bathroom with his // her sinks

[​IMG]

^ Generous sized high quality own branded bath amenities

Large bathroom // double sinks // fully marbled // very smooth // Hotel Arts large sized bath amenities // large bathtub // large shower stall // spa like // towels // robes // hairdryer // dental kit // shaving kit // toilet room incl. bidet // double door entrance to bathroom

Gorgeous hotel, wonderful flower arrangements, Mercedes Benz S Class Airport // Hotel vice versa Limousine service, Laurent Perrier champagne, Iberico ham, spanish bread, olive oil, tomato for lunch, gorgeous. Great dinner in the hotel // beautiful as always.

Only two minor irritations however, luggage at check in was mixed up and we waited a bit longer for delivery and our room was not ready and were shown an unmade room first plus waiting without any time indication when our room will be ready.

Having said that, we could enjoy the Club Lounge in the meantime plus we enjoyed the Club Lounge even further after we checked out at 14:00pm, a 2 hour late check-out. This we found world class service, after the luggage slip and room episode we received always top notch service at the Hotel Arts.

[​IMG]

^ The Facade of the Hotel Arts

From the laundry, to the bell hops, excellent all the way.

Highly recommended, a hotel, managed by The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company.

The Hotel Arts Barcelona.

Highly recommended!

AttorneyVin, deant, TAHKUCT and 2 others like this.
  2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    There's now more action around the hotel than when it was first built, but for many people, this is not a very central or convenient area of Barcelona. I also prefer hotels in which it is not the case that all rooms are the same.

3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Agreed! Barcelona is split into three distinct areas, north, center and seaside. The Arts is on the sea, very desirable views, location when the sun is shining and yes, the tourist attractions are all in the center of town, which the hotel is not. The area around the hotel is indeed buzzing and can be very lively at times too. The weekend we stayed at this fantastic hotel we had also an air show and security was tight around the hotel because of so many people have surrounded the hotel and beach.

4. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    AttorneyVin and Bonnie like this.
  5. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks uggboy! How would you compare this to the newer MO?

uggboy likes this.
  6. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Having not stayed nor visited the new MO Barcelona, but read a lot about it, I would say that the Arts is grander, much larger in public spaces, but slightly less personal in service and efficiency. While the MO would be much smaller, located in the City Center instead eg. the Arts is on the seaside, the MO has fewer rooms less than 100 and feels I would guess like a boutique operation, they match each other I would guess in price, quality of food and larger sized rooms. While the Arts offers a Club Lounge, which by the way offers awesome views, food and drink selections and more. Overall, the two hotels are worth staying in [ but at the Arts we earned Marriott Rewards Points on the overnight rate ], and worth the price tag. We enjoyed the Arts very much, loved the seaside, the beaches and walking // exploring along them as well as the hotel, massive spaces, waterfalls, nice eating, we had some champagne too and Jamon Iberico de Bellota, simply delicious, while my better half enjoyed also a treatment package at the 43rd floor Six Senses Spa, which she tells me is simply wow! Well worth the high prices in overall, and in my opinion, all both hotels are worth a splash.

TRAVELSIG likes this.
  7. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is an amazing hotel.... stayed here during my honeymoon and had an amazing experience.

uggboy and TRAVELSIG like this.
  8. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've stayed here a few times a few years back. Nice hotel - not incredible. Built for the Olympics and renovated in the mid-00s, it has a great waterside location - but is not in the center of town - which can become inconvenient.

TrippePanAM, TAHKUCT and uggboy like this.
  9. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Indeed, we would describe the hotel as really good for what it is, but we had a few incidents which gave a somewhat diminished view of this property incl. our room was not ready despite the staff saying so, resulting that staff showed us an unmade room and let us wait a few hours without indication when we can have a room, a luggage mix up which resulted in waiting undue time for room delivery from bell hop. Overall a good hotel, great physical plant, superb food // drinks offerings and Club Lounge was great too, but I would be weary about the knowledge of staff members.

10. TrippePanAM

TrippePanAM Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was just in Barcelona saw this hotel thought it was nice but I really liked the W Barcelona..... which is where I stayed though I am pumped up for the Ritz Carlton in Berlin

uggboy likes this.
  11. daemon14

daemon14 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the pics. Stayed here a few nights with family in 2002 before going on a Mediterranean cruise. It was great -- the sea views really are amazing.

12. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    We stayed there a few years ago and have nothing but good comments.

We had just flown in from Nice and when we checked in our credit card was declined (I had forgotten to notify them of the trip). The front desk got the credit card company on the phone for me and helped get everything cleared up. No charge for the service / phone call.

TAHKUCT and uggboy like this.
  13. AttorneyVin

AttorneyVin Silver Member

Status Points:
    Anyone been here recently for updated reviews/photos?
    Any upgrade potential for a mere Ritz-Carlton Silver Elite?
    Will be staying here both pre- and post-cruise in April - opted for this property over the Melia that Holland America was going to send us to if we booked via HAL; got a great rate here one night with Chase UR and the second using my Ritz Points ... would love to hear more about this property!