Hotel advice for Detroit

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by chef4u, Jan 27, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. chef4u
    Original Member

chef4u Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm looking to go to see the Red Wings play in Detroit. I know that there are several hotels nearby. What I'm looking for is one with parking that is nearby - I will walk to the arena. The other option is too say a little further away and use the "People Mover". Just curious if there are any along the line further out of the downtown area. As always, thanks for the help!

2. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    There are several good hotels downtown, first choice would be the Marriott at the Ren Cen.... Courtyard would also be OK (it's got a great restaurant Sweet Lorain's in it).

People mover is only 75 cents each way -- but only goes one way.

DTWBOB

3. chef4u
    Original Member

chef4u Silver Member

Status Points:

Ended up booking at the Doubletree. Do you know any good burger joints nearby?

4. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you haven't been to Detroit before, any of the Coney Islands are must dos.

Also, Greektown has some wonderful places to eat at .... including Fishbones.

Bob H

5. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    On a side note as it seems the OP is set. I've noticed a number of bars in different cities that offer transportation to sporting events for their customers, I've personally done this in Chicago & have noticed a few bars in the Detriot area that do offer such a service.

To those in Detroit or who may know, are there any burb bars that offer such a service (like in the Dearborn area?)
    --
    -

Jimgotkp likes this.
  6. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Try American Coney dogs or loose burgers and then go next door to Lafayette and try their Coneys or loose hamburgers. I like American better, but the fans seem to be evenly divided.

7. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    not near where you are staying but for the record, Miller's in Dearborn is a great burger place: www.millersbar.com

Also, huge population of Middle Eastern folks in the Detroit area, good place therefore to get some Middle Eastern eats.

skyvan likes this.