Hotal Palomar San Francisco

Discussion in 'Other Hotel Programs' started by tondoleo, Oct 29, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. tondoleo
    Original Member

tondoleo Gold Member

Status Points:
    As many of you should know by now MilePoint sponsored KivaDO 2 this past weekend at the San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront. Due to my curmudgeon status on the MP Kiva Lending Team and in conjunction with my Kimpton mania I opted to stay my first night in SF at the Hotel Palomar.

This hotel is located on Market and 4th Streets a hop and a skip from the Powell Street Bart Station. It is very convenient to get there from the airport. Flying in on AA's morning flight from the Southeast Peninsula had me arriving at the Palomar by 12:30 p.m. The front deskpersons were damned glad to see me. This visit to a Kimpton marked my 15th stay of the calendar year and renews my Inner Circle (IC) status further into this century.

The hotel had my room available for entry at that early time. I was upgraded to a Luxury King room which was quite comfortable. Considering the hubbub on Market and 4th the room was very quiet. The bathroom had a huge jetted sunken tub. Pretty neat.

I received my super special IC treats. A bottle of local red wine, organic chocolate, and nuts. I am beginning to think it may be time to upgrade my requests to Kimpton. I was also given a card for either a $ 10 credit at the bar or the same value of treats from the room's mini bar. Kimpton has offered a nice treat to their loyalty club by offering a credit towards a cocktail to those who have an affection for such drinks. As I do not the room mini bar provides me with sustenance.

I have not posted any photos as they came out crappy. I hope you will forgive me that my photo skills with my Android phone pale in comparison to the ubertalented uggboy. The Palomar website has lovely photos so you can see what this hotel has to offer. http://www.hotelpalomar-sf.com/

The hotel is in a great location. You can walk across Market to the Powell Street Cable Cars to get to the far side of the city and the Fisherman's Wharf area. The Ferry Building (foodie paradise) is a great 20 minute walk to the North. ChinaTown, NorthBeach, and The Mission are an easy walk too. As stated earlier BART is essentially outside the door on Market Street. There are lots of buskers along any of these pathways who will entertain you in the hopes of separating you from your spare change.

Yes, I have drank the Kimpton Kool Aid. I had another wonderful visit. (one of three on this trip to the Bay Area). As always I recommend you check this chain out if it fits your budget and is in a location that you are visiting.

I did not attend the Hosted Wine Hour. Which is at all Kimptons from 5-6 pm. Nor did I eat at their restaurant on this visit.

Thanks for reading and happy travels.

Betty Boop and dmel like this.