Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by Desidivo, Aug 12, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Desidivo

Desidivo Silver Member

Status Points:
    If anyone has stayed at the SkyCity Marriott, I would love to find out a few things:

1) Looks like they have a shuttle but I cant get a straight answer if I have to call or it is a scheduled shuttle.
    2) I am only staying overnight as my connecting flight is 20 hours after my arrival. Is there a nice place to eat or visit that I can walk to from the hotel.

Thanks

2. Singapore Flyer

Singapore Flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    There is a shuttle that is on a schedule, but you need to go to the hotel counter after clearing immigration and baggage to let them know you have arrived. It is behind the MTR counter where you can load up/buy a octopus card. IIRC, SkyCity shares the counter with JWM. You can eat at the airport if you don't mind tying up your luggage at Maxim right there. The hotel also offers a shuttle (same van) to the Tung Chung MTR station/mall. There are a couple of restaurants there. There is also a Food Republic (food court chain from Singapore) on the top floor. Not bad. Don't get the chicken rice....better elsewhere. Still pretty good compared to what I get here in NYC, but not as good as the stuff in SEA.

3. nacho

nacho Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just go to the hotel counter at arrival hall and they will arrange a shuttle for you. I have tried leaving the bags with them and walk around while waiting for the shuttle.

I wouldn't recommend you to go anywhere since you only have 20 hours at the hotel. Tung Chung is about 10 mins by shuttle from the hotel. There is absolutely nothing by the hotel - only a golf club and a bus stop and Airport Express station.

When I stayed there we only took the shuttle one way because we freaked out when we saw the queue (don't think everyone can get a seat on the shuttle).

So your best option is to eat at the airport before heading to the hotel. Maxims has a lady outside keeping an eye for your stuffs for free (no tips required as we are not in the US).

Do you have status with Marriott? If you have Gold/Plat, then food is covered.

4. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    We stayed there last November and found the shuttle very convenient both ways. IIRC, there were a restaurant and a bar by the lobby, and a coffee place as well. We ate at the bar in the evening and the food was fine. Coffee in the morning was good as well. As mentioned, not much to see in the area. The attraction is the proximity to the airport. There is a nice-looking pool in the hotel, which we didn't try.

5. txmoney

txmoney Silver Member

Status Points:
    I stay at this Hotel all the time on my way to the Phillipines. You are right at the train station and go into the city very easily. The resturants at the Hotel are fair at best. With 20hrs you could see a lot with the train pass...it's so simple to use and very clean.

nacho likes this.
  6. nacho

nacho Silver Member

Status Points:

Yes the restaurants are not nice. It's true the airport express trains are fast but the ticket is quite pricey.

7. nldogbert

nldogbert Silver Member

Status Points:
    Advise from other posters about the shuttle to and fro from the hotel is right. From the airport to the hotel, on both my occasion, I was transported in limousine type of van, not sure if that is normal or because I am Elite?
    As for food/shopping option, best is catch the hotel bus/shuttle to the Tung Chung MRT station where there is this SkyCity shopping complex. It is a sort of outlet mall with a nice food court with lots of different variety of food. If you are lazy, food at the airport is also very good and reasonably priced.

Cheers!