Hong Kong - Hyatt Regency

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Lufthansa Flyer, Feb 5, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Recently back from another MR to HKG, I've finally had enough time to sort through the photos and get my thoughts together.

Last time I stayed at the Grand and this time I chose the Regency to be more centrally located in Kowloon since last time I spent most of my time on HKG island.

The hotel was great, not as great as the Grand, but I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a hotel in Kowloon.

Here is a link to my Trip Report which goes into more detail and has some photos of my room and views.

Word of Warning....This will take you to my blog, I know some people have developed a phobia about clicking blog links ;).

gpaya, cennas and TAHKUCT like this.
  2. Toula
    Original Member

Toula Gold Member

Status Points:
    How did the lounge compare to that at the Grand?

3. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Status Points:
    The Grand was nicer. Not by leaps and bounds, but definitely better.

cennas likes this.
  4. Toula
    Original Member

Toula Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hmm, the rooms might be a bit nicer than the GH which is showing it's age. However, I love the club lounge at the GH. The view is outstanding and the service is impeccable. I'm not sure that this property could lure me away from the GH.

cennas likes this.
  5. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I was lucky to get the diplomat suite at the GH which was over the top in terms of hotel rooms, so I will always have a soft spot for the GH!

cennas and TAHKUCT like this.
  6. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nice report 744.

cennas and Lufthansa Flyer like this.
  7. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nice report 744!

I've stayed here 4 times and always had a nice stay every time. I thought the location was great, smack in the middle of everything and I was always treated very well and was always upgraded to a high floor room with a nice harbour view, even when paying the cheapest prepaid rate. I also thought the staff was great, with genuine warmth and friendliness, even if not as polished as the GH's.

Lufthansa Flyer likes this.
  8. gpaya
    Original Member

gpaya Gold Member

Status Points:
    How does the location compare to the GH? Right now, we have 3 nights at the Regency and then 1 night later at the W. Is it worth it to go to the Grand Hyatt, considering location and access?

The stay is on points, so I don't see much of a difference in cost.

9. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Status Points:
    For the location I would say the regency would win out. If its for the quality of the hotel, I would give the Grand a slight edge. I loved the fact that the Regency was steps away from great places to eat and shop. For the Grand, you have to walk a bit to get to the restaurants, and take cabs or train to get to most of the retail.

cennas likes this.