Hong Kong Hotel

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by Desidivo, Jul 12, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Desidivo

Desidivo Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have a 15 hour overnight layover in Hong Kong. What is a good hotel that is at or near the Hong Kong airport?

sosphistocles, uggboy and anileze like this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    @ The Airport: Marriott Sky City, note also Regal Airport Hotel which is directly connected to the airport.
    15min. by Airport Express to Kowloon station: Ritz-Carlton or W Hong Kong or take the free busses who are offered when you come in with the Airport Express and stay at the IC Grand Stanford or Kowloon Shangri-La. All good located, super views [ especially RC/W/Shangri-La and IC towards Hong Kong Island ] and landmarks in their own right. Highly recommended. These hotels are ideal IMHO, even for the shortest of Hong Kong visits.

Singapore Flyer and anileze like this.
  3. Singapore Flyer

Singapore Flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have usually stayed at Marriott Sky City. It was recently upgraded from a cat 5 to 6 though but is usually around 200 USD but can be had for cheaper with promos, cash back sites or if you find it on agoda/Priceline. Depending on arrival and such, I would at a minimum take the shuttle from Marriott into the closet area/MTR station at Tung Chung to get eats or go up the Ngong Ping cable car. Depending on comfort and time try to go into HK Island. Cutting it close if you are leaving early-ish.

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

uggboy likes this.
  4. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:
    What is it you want to do in the 15 hours, and what is your budget ? Last time I was in HKG, I was determined to snack my way for 24 hours; so I stayed at the YMCA and roamed the whole day and evening sampling. I have stayed at Hyatt & Marriott on other occasions. Intercontinental, Sheraton, and Holiday Inn have excellent restaurants attached to them. There are a couple of Irish pubs than pour a mean pint too :)

uggboy likes this.
  5. Desidivo

Desidivo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Rest for most of it as I have to go to Vietnam the next morning. If something is close and can be done quickly,

anileze likes this.
  6. sosphistocles

sosphistocles Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you just want to rest, the Marriott or the regal hotel are ideal for proximity.

anileze likes this.
  7. sosphistocles

sosphistocles Silver Member

Status Points:
    Oh yes there is a Novotel nearby connected to an outlet mall 5 minutes from the airport.

anileze likes this.