Hong Kong Frequent Visitor E-Channel

Discussion in 'Asia' started by YVR-Flyer, Feb 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. YVR-Flyer
    Original Member

YVR-Flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hong Kong Frequent Visitor E Channel

If you are a frequent visitor to Hong Kong, using your Frequent flyer card you maybe able to enroll in the E Channel Immigration program. Similar to the Canadian/US Nexus program but without the Iris scan - you scan your passport and fingerprint for entry bypassing the long immigration lines.

There are enrollment centers as you leave the immigration desk at HK Airport- takes 5 minutes and you are enrolled.

Valid for the duration of your passport.

Not sure exactly which Frequent Flyer programs are recognized but the Aeroplan program is providing you have a Prestige/ Elite or Super Elite card.

http://www.gov.hk/en/residents/immig...nnel.htm#fvapc

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. CdnFlier
    Original Member

CdnFlier Silver Member

Status Points:
    Need to watch the open times for the E-Channel office, when AC had the early morning arrival to HKG last year I kept arriving before the office opened so I wasn't able to sign up for the program.

3. Chris_Li
    Original Member

Chris_Li Gold Member

Status Points:
    JMB Elites / JGC
    CX MPC Elites
    Not sure others :)

Note though the Frequent Visitor Programme and the Frequent Visitor Echannel are different. For the FVP it is a CARD that you apply online (Need 4 ~ 6 Weeks for application) for conventional channel, and Frequent Visitor Echannel is a bar code (Immediate activation) that attached to your passport where you scan the bar code for finger print based auto immigration. Both service is exclusive to Hong Kong International Airport Only and not applicable to Land / Sea based ports

4. kluau88
    Original Member

kluau88 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've had both the FVP and the Visitor E-channel. Both are very very efficient. I didn't know about the "E-Channel" until one day I was using the FVP and was informed of the new "E-Channel." I still have both the card and the barcode on my passport. The "E-Channel" has changed since I first used it. When using the "E-Channel" the machine use to print out a label that you affixed in your passport. Now it just prints out on a small piece of paper which you are suppose to keep during your visit.

5. NYC_Gal
    Original Member

NYC_Gal Silver Member

Status Points:
    Virgin Atlantic Gold.