HONG KONG CLK

Discussion in 'HKG | Hong Kong International Airport' started by mtacchi, Feb 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. As I virtually live in this airport, please feel free to ask me anything you like by PM or posted here.
    I spend at least 10 hrs a weeks wandering about it..

Marc.

whkento and druiddation like this.
  2. I am at the moment in HKG SHERATON Tsim Sha Tsui and i fly wednesday with LH from HKG to FRA.
    Perhaps we can say hello at the airport. I will be there latest 11h30 at FIRST Class Check-in.

3. Weds I will be @ HKIA from 1130-1240 Airside. It will be tight, but I can likely meet for a coffee airside.

I maybe in TST Monday (tomorrow) evening and can meet you there. I need to get a hair cut and I go to a place near the Sheraton.

4. Chris_Li
    Original Member

Chris_Li Gold Member

Status Points:
    I will be at HKIA 13 Feb 2011 for PVG flight. Am willing to change my schedule to meet anyone traveling (well.. before 1900 HKT) !

Also will be back on 19 Feb 2011 for any meet up at ground side 1100 - 1400 HKT

5. ddrewboy
    Original Member

ddrewboy Active Member

Status Points:
    I'll be in Hong Kong from Mar 1-4th. I will most likely stay in TST with yet to be known hotel. let me know if anyone is around to meet up.

6. TrueBlueFlyer
    Original Member

TrueBlueFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I may be in HKG airport on March 5th if I dont make a tight onward connection to KUL.

7. Chris_Li
    Original Member

Chris_Li Gold Member

Status Points:
    How tight is the connection? if it's more than 60 minute without re-checking the luggage you should be fine :D

8. TrueBlueFlyer
    Original Member

TrueBlueFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    50 mins

9. Chris_Li
    Original Member

Chris_Li Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you can check though your luggage you are way more than fine. The legal connection time for CX-CX is 50 min and 60 min for CX-anything else

10. no-backpacker
    Original Member

no-backpacker Silver Member

Status Points:
    Can somebody please tell me how to get from the airport to IC Hong Kong? Thanks! :)

Xxx.

11. Chris_Li
    Original Member

Chris_Li Gold Member

Status Points:
    How many people is in your group?

If 3-4 people, taxi all the way
    If 1-2 people, take airport express to Kowloon station then change to taxi

As I just check the IC Hong Kong is not served by the MTR Feeder bus

And, on the budget way, you can take airport express bus A21

daninstl and no-backpacker like this.
  12. no-backpacker
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Thank you very much for your answer. We are 2 people and I am seeking the easiest option, not the cheapest, as long as it is not extremely expensive. Can you please tell me the price to take a taxi all the way?

Xxx.

13. Chris_Li
    Original Member

Chris_Li Gold Member

Status Points:
    That will be approximate HKD 250 including bridge and luggage fee [​IMG] HK taxi should be one of the cheapest in First World [​IMG]
    Have fun in Hong Kong!

14. no-backpacker
    Original Member

Status Points:
    OK, it will def. be a taxi! :) Thank you!

Oh yes, I am really looking forward to this trip. First 9 days in HK, then 5 nights in Taipei and at last 3 days in HK.

Xxx.

15. I wrote a long response this morning, but it doesn't seem to have posted.

You can get a discount taxi for 160HKD to the hotel in TST that includes all tolls and baggage fees.

Call 8211-3262 when you're waiting for your bags, he will call you back and tell you what taxi and where to meet him,
    not normal taxi rank, usually off to left in drop off area.

Jaimito Cartero likes this.
  16. Chris_Li
    Original Member

Chris_Li Gold Member

Status Points:
    When will you in town? let's get a drink!

17. Chris_Li
    Original Member

Chris_Li Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well I normally don't bother to call discounted taxi nowadays, especially after the crack down by ICAC and the "long haul" discount (the meter increments at HKD 1 after 70.5, which before that it is 1.5 per increment)....

(It's not mine, but company's money anyway :p)

18. I live in Tung Chung, so its all I use.

We went to Sai Kung this afternoon, and it was only 220 all the way there. Less than 1/2 a metered taxi

Chris_Li likes this.
  19. Chris_Li
    Original Member

Chris_Li Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ya in Tung Chung a Taxi is basically non-existence unless you call one ~_~||

Well I still use the discounted taxi if it's my personal travel though [​IMG]

20. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    I arrived in HKG this afternoon and was feeling a bit under the weather. Nothing serious really, just a sore throat, and I was at the end of a long work week so was very tired and sleep deprived.

Anyway I passed the place where they monitor your body temperature and the people that man the checkpoint must have seen my body temperature slightly elevated or something. They called me over and measure my temperature using the ear thermometer thingy. Luckily I passed and they let me go.

I wonder what would happen had I had a temperature that was not acceptable for them. Would they deny me entry?

I know that HKG is very paranoid because of the SARS and the H1N1, but it seems pretty strange to me for them to still measuring body temperatures when there is no imminent pandemic.

21. They take you to a quarantine centre where they perform my tests and keep you segregated from the public till your illness is determined.

22. General_Flyer
    Original Member

General_Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just a note, I will be in HKG for 10 hours and may just go to downtown and hangout.

Arriving at 06:25 from SFO and departing at 16:05 to SUB. Prolly will hang out in the lounge till some stores open up around 9 ish and head to downtown.

23. No stores will be in open in town till 10ish, but you can visit the Peak or any other attraction and be there before the hoards. Buy a round trip same day airport express ticket. Same price as a one way.

General_Flyer likes this.
  24. General_Flyer
    Original Member

General_Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Any Dim-sum recommendations around downtown? The one with an english speaking hosts if possible.. The trip to downtown is around 40 mins correct? So if I leave at 9 ish, should be able get there in time when stores are open or when good food places are open. The thing about HK city is that it can be difficult to find english speaking natives..

[Edited to add:] Are you free for lunch that afternoon of the 16th? :)

25. Jaimito Cartero
    Original Member

Jaimito Cartero Silver Member

Status Points:
    During the last scare, I alarmed, coming back through Hong Hom, from China. They gave me a face mask and said I should see a doctor. No biggie. I guess it would depend on how high your temperature was. I think mine was just 101 or so.

MSPeconomist likes this.