Hong Kong Airlines Is Training Its Flight Attendants in Kung Fu

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by sobore, Apr 23, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/22/idUS278986833320110422

Unruly airline passengers beware! Hong Kong Airlines is requiring its flight attendants to learn kung fu, something the airline hopes will help its crew deal with drunk and unruly passengers.
    The airline’s entire staff has been invited to train in wing chun, a form of kung fu used in close-range combat, but it’s actually REQUIRED for the cabin crew.
    The airline deals with about three disruptive passengers a week, according to Hong Kong Airlines spokeswoman Eva Chan.
    Wing chun instructor Katherine Cheung says the martial art is ideal for airline crews because it can be used in small, confined spaces like an airplane.

Horse, gleff and Scottrick like this.
  2. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had an 80-year-old substitute teacher for calculus one year when the usual was out on maternity leave. He kept threatening to do jujitsu on our @$$es if we misbehaved. So of course we did because we really, really wanted to see him do it. (He finally did it when we promised to be good. :D) We were just stupid HS students, but I think some of the younger western passengers might similarly taunt the FAs if they've had too much to drink.

sobore likes this.
  3. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yep I sense someone has an a$$ kicking coming!:eek:

Horse likes this.