Holiday Inn Vancouver Centre (Broadway)

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by Exiled in Express, Feb 19, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Exiled in Express
    Original Member

Exiled in Express Gold Member

the link:

the address: 711 West Broadway, Vancouver BC V5Z CY2

the review:
    This is an older but well kept property on the south side of False Creek. Location is on a shopping street about 3 blocks walk from the Canada Line's Broadway Station. What lacks in physical plant is made up for in service.

As a PC Plat on a Pointbreaks stay I was upgraded to a corner room on the top floor with balcony, view was to the south but it was still nice to have. The room included a large queen bed and spacious work area. The bath was slow to drain but did and the elevators are in need of an upgrade, as long as you expect older mechanicals you will have no issues. Noise could be an issue here, the windows are not well soundproofed and the hotel is blocks from a hospital. Platinum amenities included a restaurant/bar discount coupon and hotel branded hand sanitizer.

Restaurant is a bit of an afterthought of the lobby, it was dead other than some locals at the bar. Food was reasonably priced and tasty, also home to the cheapest priced beer I have found in Canada. A daily breakfast buffet is offered ($15 CDN) and was quite popular from my observations.

PC points for F&B posted without issue. I will be returning to this property this summer.
    kayet and travelingmore like this.
  2. igloocoder
    Original Member

igloocoder Silver Member

I've stayed here 2x and will concur with the comments about the mechanicals and the Platinum upgrade (sounds like we got the same room). I don't remember the noise issue, but I was dead to the world during both stays. I do remember that the TV was a nice flat panel, but the channels weren't HD...or they were really fuzzy...or something like I said..dead to the world.

The location isn't the hottest spot in town by any stretch, but like the OP said, you can be at the Canada line in under 3 blocks. 2 stops later you're in the heart of Yaletown and all the food and drink one could want. Take the Canada Line the other direction and you'll end up at the airport.
    Exiled in Express likes this.
  3. Kevincm
    Original Member

Kevincm Silver Member

Matches my experiances. Oldish room, with the top floors sealed off whilst they refurbish it.

Lots of local eats nearby - and some excellent sushi I should add.

Whilst 3 blocks away from the station, it's quick to get to from the Airport, and simple enough to get downtown.

As it knocked 2 nights off my CtC, I like it.

Plus the Priority Club Amenity (choclate and water) was appreciated.

Covered in detail in