Holiday Inn SunSpree Bar Harbor

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by deant, Feb 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Wife and I stayed here on vacation and would never go back.

We made reservations for their "main" building. However, when we arrived, they gave us a room in the annex building because "nothing was available". We had paid extra for the "main" building and the desk did not offer any compensation for the downgrade. This annex was another hotel at one time and was taken over by Holiday Inn. However, it has never been updated. Went back to the front desk and told them that the room was not acceptable and we wanted a room in the main building. We were then assigned a room in the main building. Went to the room and found massive mold in one corner of the room. Probably a 12 inch by 12 inch area of black mold. Obvious there had been a leak and they never fixed the problem. Went back to the desk again, and asked for the manager. He was "not available" so the desk clerk started looking for another room. After a couple of minutes a person came up to the desk who appeared to be the manager. Nothing was said by the clerk. I asked if it was the manager and she said yes it was. I told her that I still wanted to talk to him. Her response was "I am finding another room for you so why do you need to talk to him?"

Finally, the 3rd room was acceptable. However the manager never did acknowledge me or the problems. I even wrote to the hotel after our stay and never received any response.

Bottom line, there are better hotels in the Bar Harbor area.