Holiday Inn Seattle

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by Exiled in Express, Feb 20, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Exiled in Express
    Original Member

Exiled in Express Gold Member

Status Points:
    the link: http://www.holidayinn.com/hotels/us/en/seattle/seasc/hoteldetail?hotelCode=seas

the address: 211 Dexter Ave N, Seattle WA 98109

the review:

Many reviews point out the neighborhood of this property is rough, it is compared to the downtown core but you can do much worse. The property is a fairly new build but was done on the cheap, wooden floors with the associated creaking and hot water took a few moments to appear. Service is exceptional for the price level, front desk was more than happy to assist with directions and recommendations.

The room was large, too much empty space for my liking despite 2 queens, a couch, and desk. As a Plat my low standard room AAA rate was upgraded to the mini-suite on the top floor. The room had a partial view of the Space Needle. Top floor included a lounge with big screen TV, 2 or 3 free access computers, and basic continental breakfast seemingly open around the clock. Plat gift was a discount off bottles of wine, kind of odd.

The property sits in the shadow of the Space Needle and is a short walk, especially good for night photography. The building is connected to the Holiday Inn Express Seattle Center and I believe it shares some facilities.

Good property for a short stay when you only need a clean bed and good location. It has become the first property I check in Seattle when paying myself. At cash rates it is a value, on points it is priced the same as the Crowne Plaza and there is no contest there.

tom911 and kayet like this.