Holiday Inn SEA-TAC (Seattle)

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by Bay Pisco Shark, Feb 26, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    Comments / Compliments / Criticisms ? Platinum experiences?

2. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Well, after the cornucopia of informative replies, I have arrived. The system still showed me as "gold" even though I'm now Platinum (and was when I made the reservation). Choice of 2 bar drinks OR a breakfast - I chose the breakfast. Room - heat set to 90, so I opened the window (it is 38 degrees outside) and turned the AC on. Onion Rings at the bar/restaurant are $11.95. $11.95. $11.95. I am in shock. The room is pleasant.

tom911 and jackal like this.
  3. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I stayed there a few months ago and one of the selling points to me was that you could walk over to the airport via the train station and not have to deal with a shuttle or long walk along the street/access road in the rain/cold. There's a stairway/elevator just down the block from the hotel. I didn't make it out there until after 10pm and went straight to bed. Think I was only offered some type of breakfast discount as a gold which I did not use due to an early departure. I'd stay there again.

4. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Status Points:
    That was a big selling point, and a main reason for my return stay. On my prior stay, I waited quite some time for the shuttle, having no idea what an easy walk it was.

5. ag51
    Original Member

ag51 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Stayed there in June - got vouchers for free breakfast both days as a Plat, although I don't remember it being very good. As mentioned, 10 minute walk to the airport or 5 minutes to the Sound Transit for trains into Seattle. The rooms were okay, but could have done with a refresh.