Holiday Inn Salerno / Cava de' Terrini Italy (near Amalfi Coast & Paestum)

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by Sweet Willie, Dec 8, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Had a one night stay at this property.

VERY clean property, free breakfast in the morning, only hot dish were various made to order egg preparations. Otherwise lots of pastries, breads, cold cuts, juices, coffees.

Immediately off the A3 Autostrada, easy off/on access. Free parking. Free Wi-Fi also.

Bed was comfortable, pillows so-so (no real difference between firm & soft pillows).

We got a room on the same side of the hotel as the entrance, suggest that you do the same as the other side is exposed to the sound of A3. (I don't know if one can actually hear the sounds coming from A3, but I suppose better not to find out).

My Italian isn't very good, so I was grateful with all the hotel staff & their English speaking ability.

There is an Italian supermarket within 50 yards from the hotel, with bottled water, & other goodies you might want. We picked up some aged balsamic vinegar that would have cost us some big bucks here in the states.

There is a restaurant that is a 20 minute walk from the hotel where Mrs Willie & I had one of our best meals in Italy. Restaurant's name is Casa Rispoli located in Piazza San Francesco. While they don't have English menus, the waiter Enzo took his time in translating/explaining the entire menu to us. We dined on fresh grilled octopus (tender!) over whipped potato with squeezes of fresh Amalfi coast lemons, scallops w/truffles (done perfect!), a pasta course w/seafood, then finished with roast suckling pork cooked sous-vide. Terrific, reasonable priced wines by the glass.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
    uggboy, Flyer1976, ffitalia and 2 others like this.
  2. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sweet Willie, you are indeed living the high life in Italy! :) Enjoy, and keep those reports coming! ;) How's the weather there this time of year?
    Newscience

uggboy and Sweet Willie like this.
  3. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I love Salerno and la Costa di Amalfi. I want to go back there ASAP.

Newscience, uggboy and Sweet Willie like this.
  4. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hit & Miss, mostly hits.
    slight rains/dampness when we were in Naples, but showers were brief, temps in 50s (F). Then we got very lucky & on our day to drive from Positano, along the Amalfi Coast to Paestum, we had near 60F & pure sunshine. Only day we got screwed was on Sunday Dec 1, we were going to head to either Pompeii or Herculaneum but the wind was gale force and there was a hard driving rain. Rain can be common, that crazy strong wind isn't.

Flyer1976, Newscience and uggboy like this.