Holiday Inn parent: Free night if you find a cheaper rate

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by uggboy, Sep 20, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Holiday Inn parent: Free night if you find a cheaper rate:)

Starting today, Holiday Inn parent IHG will give you a free night if you find a cheaper room rate on a competing website after booking on an IHG site.

It's part of a beefed-up best-rate guarantee policy that InterContinental Hotels Group will announce today, Hotel Check-In has learned.

It's the richest best rate guarantee yet among hotel chains.

Is it easy to qualify for a free night? No, but the offer's there if you meet a list of conditions (see below).

MORE!>http://travel.usatoday.com/hotels/p...-launches-new-website-rate-guarantee/547960/1

[​IMG]

2. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's an amazing policy and make me more apt to book on IHG first, then ask questions later. I definitely agree with this quote:
    "A rich offer like this will get noticed," he says.

uggboy and TRAVELSIG like this.
  3. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Here Here! Great decision from IHG.
    Now if they would just change their ridiculous policy of "stay at an IC hotel and get a flat 2000 priority club points" I would move a heap of business there.

4. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
  5. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Room rates change all the time based on occupancy and special events etc... I always book on the priority club site and check back often, at least weekly before my stay and sometimes the price changes either up or down. Why don't they guarantee if the price goes down they automatically give us the lower rate. Many times I have re booked due to price changes.

JohnDeere19 and SC Flier like this.
  6. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Now I get it T&C say "you have to find a better rate within 24 hours of making your reservation"