Holiday Inn Express - Zurich Airport

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by Ed1, Mar 22, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Ed1

Ed1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was considering staying here using points and dollars, complimentary brealfast included. How would you rate this hotel? How difficult is it to get into Zurich on public transportation? Thanks!

2. stayed there a few weeks ago and the breakfast food is decent. They even have evening service although I didn't try it as I didn't get back in time.

The hotel has a non stop shuttle to the main train station several times a day and it functions like a swiss watch. If the hotel is pretty full be aware they don't take reservations for the shuttle and it seats about ten people if I remember correctly. Rooms are bright and airy.

There is a commuter train station about a five minute walk from the hotel but I didn't use it.

3. Falcon View
    Original Member

Falcon View Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had an unplanned seven day stay here after my ear drum ruptured on a LCY-ZRH-DXB trip. While that part of the trip is not a pleasant memory, the Holiday Inn Express ( and Zurich in general) was pretty nice. I had to see a doctor at the University of Zurich Hospital a couple times, so I would catch the free shuttle to the airport (ran hourly,) and the train or street car from there. Rooms were nice and clean, plenty of English TV channels, and a decent breakfast. The hotel has a limited dinner menu at night and happy hour, plus a McDonalds across the street. All in all a nice place to stay at a decent price.