HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS - Time Square NYC

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by IMGone, Feb 22, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. IMGone
    Original Member

IMGone Silver Member

Status Points:
    I stayed here for a quick one night stay. The hotel is located behind the bus station on 39th between 8th and 9th, closer to 9th. It's an easy walk from the subway stop and is along a street with a number of hotels (comfort inn, hampton inn, element, plus a few more).

As a Plat, I was upgraded to a King room from a standard (handicapped access) which I appreciated. The room had the bed, desk, chair and armoire with a view of the city. The building is is the standard old style NY building. Small elevator, only a few rooms per floor and not much space in each. The bathroom was an okay size, but there was no shelf space around the sink. Toiletries were standard.

Front desk staff were nice, check in/out was very quick. There are two PCs in the lobby and a sitting area. They open up a second area in the back to expand the Breakfast buffet seating area. That offering is the standard expected at any HIE (I only grabbed a yogurt and left). There were newspapers downstairs, not delivered to the room.

I don't think I'd want to spend a week there, but for the one night stay, the location and price were perfect to meet my needs. I prefer a bit more elbow room for longer stays.

tom911 likes this.
  2. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I did a stay here in December, and the only thing I recall was that the lobby breakfast seating area had no seats during breakfast, so grabbed something and brought it up to my room. They were very busy when I was there. I did receive a box of four chocolates on check-in which I thought was rather nice having only gold status.

I was attracted there by a $99 rate just before Christmas. At that rate I'd readily stay again even without breakfast.

3. IMGone
    Original Member

IMGone Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the reminder. I forgot to mention the bag they gave me as a welcome gift. It was a small shopping bag with a mug, a bunch of hard candies and a bottle of spring water along with a map of NY. A nice gesture, IMO.

HIE NYC TS Hotel Room.JPG

4. the_happiness_store
    Original Member

the_happiness_store Silver Member

Status Points:
    No kidding. Just like Iguazu. [​IMG]