Holiday Inn Express Parma Italy

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by TRAVELSIG, Jan 16, 2013.  |  Print Topic

Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

This week I had a one night stay at the Holiday Inn Express Parma Italy. I chose this hotel primarily due to its location which is very close to the Autostrada exit in Parma and close to where I needed to be for meetings.

Arriving at the hotel I recommend a GPS- although it is very conveniently located it is accessed from a small side street that had at least me wondering "am I in the right place?"- I was and as you get close to the hotel there are a couple of signs.

I had a very late arrival due to a flight delay and was happy to see that the staff were waiting for me (i.e. not the sometimes found situation in Italy where you need to ring the bell and wait) and completed my checkin within 2 minutes.

The room was very clean- and for a short stay perfectly adequate. I have stayed in a few hotels in Parma and can say that this was on par with the Star Hotels (an Italian chain) which are considerably more expensive.

The bathroom had a heated towel rack- nice touch for a 3* hotel and also was very functional. Shower was good although could use a bit more water pressure.

Breakfast was excellent- really for a hotel at this category I was very impressed. Also the lobby area is quite comfortable and has great natural light.

I could not get the Internet to work in my room- but really did not try very hard- I couldn't login so just used my 3G signal- if I was staying for longer I would have had this fixed and in the hotel guide they did mention they had wireless and wired Internet in every room.

Checkout was effecient.

Rate was 79 EUR including taxes and breakfast which is excellent.

Parking had two options: one free and one underground paid. There were a number of nice cars in the unpaid lot when I arrived so I just left the car there. As with anywhere at all in Italy- remember never leave anything of value in your car. Never. Not for 5 minutes. Italy has very little crime at a violent level but car break ins are a constant nuisance.

I would definitely stay here again- great location, very friendly staff, and excellent value if a 3* is OK for you.
    sobore and uggboy like this.