Holiday Inn Downtown Dubai

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by rwoman, May 21, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Holiday Inn Downtown Dubai

Booking:
    I had a 12 hour layover in Dubai and opted to get a day room in order to relax before my 15h35m flight to ATL. I went to the IHG property desk after clearing customs and the desk agent called to ensure there were rooms.

From the airport, I took a taxi to the property. The cost was less than $20.00.

Check In:
    Upon arrival, the staff was very welcoming. As reception processed my credit card, they brought my juice and offered any assistance. The agent realized my PC number was not in the booking and offered a free Executive Floor upgrade when she saw I was a Platinum member.

Room:
    The room was very spacious with two double beds. There were two free bottles of water, coffee, tea, and hot chocolate in the room. The bed was very comfortable and the pillows were very good as well.

The bathroom was large. There was a decent hair dryer, plenty of towels, a robe, and toiletries.

PC Platinum Benefits:
    - upgrade to the Executive Floor, which included free wifi and bottled water.
    - 20% off room service.

Amenities:
    - Rooftop pool.
    - There are four restaurants. I used room service and the food was very good. They were also very prompt and courteous.
    - There are spa services available. It is located next to the pool.

There are a couple of markets nearby. I went there to get some additional bottled water and drinks. They do close around 1pm for 30 minutes for afternoon prayers; I'm not sure if it's because it was a Friday or if it's everyday.

I would definitely stay at this property again. The staff and perks made it worthwhile!

To return to the airport, I used the Dubai Metro, which is a very short walk from the hotel and about 1/10th of the cost of a taxi. It was only a few stops to return to the airport. I had not thought to ask when I went to the hotel.

uggboy likes this.
  2. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Room:
    [​IMG]

Bathroom:
    [​IMG]

Pool/Spa:
    [​IMG]

uggboy likes this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for sharing with us!:) Indeed, the Metro in Dubai gets often overlooked.

rwoman likes this.
  4. hotelsallover

hotelsallover Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah sounds good and the metro access is i big plus.

uggboy and rwoman like this.