HND new international terminal ANA lounge

Discussion in 'ANA | Mileage Club' started by KIXman, Feb 10, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. KIXman
    Original Member

KIXman Gold Member

Status Points:
    I flew from Tokyo to Singapore from the new HND international terminal the other day. It was exciting to look around the new terminal building, as it was like being in an airport for the first time.

While waiting for my flight to depart I got to try the ANA lounge here, so for those of you who want to know what it looks like here's an assortment of pix!

Escalators up to the lounge near Gate 110
    [​IMG]

Entrance to the lounge
    [​IMG]

Once you enter turning left goes to the C class and *G section, while going right heads to the F class and Diamond section. I was lucky this time since I was flying the early morning SQ flight. The C class / *G section isn't open at 5 in the morning so I got to turn right! :cool:

C class & *G section
    [​IMG]

Shower room (entrance to this area is along the way to the C/*G section)
    [​IMG]

armagebedar and JALPak like this.
  2. KIXman
    Original Member

KIXman Gold Member

Status Points:
    F class / Diamond section. Sorry for the bluriness; I was excited so my hands must have been trembling. Black is cool.
    [​IMG]

F/DIA Food area
    [​IMG]

They had sushi, sandwiches, japanese & western soups, fruits, chocolates, macarons, etc. They can make noodles too!
    [​IMG]

However, the sushi was set out a few pieces at a time so it looked very sparse. After taking a few pieces, the staff would fill in the empty spaces with new sushi. I guess that's because then needed to keep it fresh at this hour.

This was the breakfast menu. I sure would like to know how it would look later in the day.

armagebedar and JALPak like this.
  3. KIXman
    Original Member

KIXman Gold Member

Status Points:
    For drinks they have the beer machine, coffee machine, soft drink machine and a small selection of spirits.
    [​IMG]

My nice comfy leather chair overlooking the apron
    [​IMG]

Other chairs away from the windows have a personal sound system. I didn't try it so I don't know what's playing.
    [​IMG]

All in all it's a pretty nice lounge. Much better than other NH lounges I've been to IMHO.
    Hope you all get to visit it soon!

4. QSG
    Original Member

QSG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks KIXman ![​IMG]

5. leeivan86
    Original Member

leeivan86 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am really impressed with the decor and design of the lounge. This is one classy act by ANA.
    I am surprised though that they would open an F lounge in HND since if i remember correctly, ANA does not operate a three class cabin out from HND except SQ.

6. QSG
    Original Member

QSG Gold Member

Status Points:
    The general thinking is that both JL and NH will move the majority of their flights to HND as that is where the feed is. About 62 million per year in domestic traffic alone.....

7. fumitani
    Original Member

fumitani Gold Member

Status Points:
    HND International Terminal has 10 contact gates....If they are planning to schedule more flights from the International Terminal I bet they won't be able to handle it. I think they have enough for about 10-20 remote stands...Anymore than that they are going to have a big headache!

Also security lines are pretty long already with only the short hauls during the day.

8. QSG
    Original Member

QSG Gold Member

Status Points:
    They can turn the new international terminal in a domestic JAL terminal , and turn JAL terminal into an international one[​IMG].......

All joking aside, the 2 of them will decamp from Narita......Haneda is where their passengers are!

9. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have read that they are already planning to build more gates. But pretty suck that there's no elite express lane for security at HND T3.

10. QSG
    Original Member

QSG Gold Member

Status Points:
    It doesn't make sense for both NH and JL to split their feed......they both need to concentrate their resources in one spot!

11. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
    NH is in a better spot. They are actually adding flights at HND while JL is just moving flights from NRT to HND. Some people can't do a same day JL connection at NRT anymore because of that.

But if they are to just concentrate at HND, they need much bigger lounge. Not sure about NH's but JL's Sakura lounge was kind of crowded in the morning when I was there last Dec. Can't imagine what will happen if they are to add even more flights there.

12. fumitani
    Original Member

fumitani Gold Member

Status Points:
    The only way they can expand HND Airport is to pay those URUSAI fishermen money (make them shaddap) and build more and more into the sea!

JALPak likes this.
  13. KIXman
    Original Member

KIXman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Remote stands, yuk! Sounds like the way BKK airport operates.
    But HND is much more accessible, it would be great if the number of flights from here increase.
    Now if only they could make transportation to/from the airport in the wee hours of the morning better!!!

JALPak likes this.
  14. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
    The lounge looks really empty. Did it get a bit more crowded before your flight? I guess people would rather sleep in bed than waking up earlier to go to the lounge :p

15. KIXman
    Original Member

KIXman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well it was 5AM so there were very few people inside the airport :)
    I think there were only about 5 passengers in the lounge, and 1 person came in as I was going out.

In the airport there were a lot of sleeping passengers using the benches in front of stores and the seats near the observation deck for beds lol!
    P1000609.jpg P1000612.jpg

They really should make transportation to the airport in the early morning hours more convenient !!!

JALPak likes this.
  16. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wow it looks like homeless people sleeping on the street :eek:

17. KIXman
    Original Member

KIXman Gold Member

Status Points:
    I always wonder when I see people sleeping like that how they guard their stuff from sticky fingered people.
    Sleep on their bags?

18. cockpitvisit
    Original Member

cockpitvisit Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is the runway capacity at HND sufficient to handle many additional intl flights?

Nice photos, thanks! Does the *G section of the lounge only have stools? [​IMG]

19. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
    There are sticky fingered people in Japan? :eek:

20. KIXman
    Original Member

KIXman Gold Member

Status Points:
    More likely sticky fingered non-Japanese in the airport...

JALPak likes this.
  21. KIXman
    Original Member

KIXman Gold Member

Status Points:
    HND just finished constructing a new fourth runway last year "increasing operational capacity from 285,000 movements to 407,000 movements per year".

Unfortunately the 4 runways are all laid out in a # design, which makes air traffic complicated.

I didn't go too far inside the *G lounge area so I didn't see this in person, but it looks like they do have a seating area:
    [​IMG]

JALPak likes this.
  22. Schoflyer
    Original Member

Schoflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    ANA Suite Lounge HND Intl Terminal now. Wishing these cool Star Trek chairs would rock/recline just a tad.
    Kixman: These are not comfy. Just comfy looking. Haha.
    Of course I knew this from December. Cheers

KIXman likes this.
  23. Schoflyer
    Original Member

Schoflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hahaha, best lounge service ever!
    "Mr. Customer, I've made a terrible mistake. The last beer I brought you was Suntory. Here is an Asahi and let me get rid of that Suntory for you!!!"

KIXman likes this.