HND - Haneda JL Lounges

Discussion in 'JAL | Mileage Bank' started by JDiver, Feb 19, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. JDiver
    Original Member

JDiver Silver Member

Status Points:
    I recently passed through Haneda's new international terminal and used the new JL First Lounge (shared reception desk with JL Sakura Lounge, on the floor directly above departures accessible via recessed escalator near Gate 11).

Some have reported oneworld Emeralds are not allowed First admission (which seems to contradict oneworld lounge admission policies!) , but I was welcomed in warmly, with a guest, twice - once departing in the morning to Hong Kong, once departing late evening to SFO.

The highlights: showers, automated self-operated massage chairs in a separate room, overstuffed lounger chairs with ottomans separated off with dividers for privacy one can get a decent snooze in, a bar with premium liquors and a food buffet with snacks and light foods. There are carrels for use of cell phones and also for computers and WiFi (unsure of details) is available.

Missing: computers.

alohastephen and JALPak like this.
  2. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to the JAL forum JDiver! (Your name sounds awfully familiar ;))

oneworld Emeralds are only invited into the F lounge when they are flying on JAL flights. Since you were on JL027 and JL002 to HKG and SFO, that why you were invited :)

JDiver likes this.
  3. JDiver
    Original Member

JDiver Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hmmm, JALPak? Where have I seen that before... ;)

That explains my admission - and perhaps the big blowup with the gaijin who lost his temper and a lot of face when he was asked to enter the Sakura Lounge instead of the First lounge. Quite angry, berating and loud enough to be heard when one was filling their beer glass at the automatic beer dispenser (the one that tilts the glass to create just the proper head).

JAL must have an exception filed with oneworld to carry out this exceptional policy, but it would hardly be singular (the inability of AAdvantage members to earn status bonus miles is one additional exception I can think of, though I hope that might go away in the future with the Joint Business agreement).

JALPak likes this.
  4. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
    No exception needed. All lounge accesses are subject to capacity constraints. They can always say they expect more of their own passengers coming in in the near future so sorry no access for you who flies on the partner airlines :)

Now the big question is, will people fly on AA get access after JBV starts on April 1 :)

JDiver likes this.
  5. kaka
    Original Member

kaka Gold Member

Status Points:
    gelcheats :)!

6. Simon
    Original Member

Simon Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    It seems now the F lounge for JAL at HND has been removed from the OW lounge page spiking comments as whether or not OW E members can gain access. Has anyone tried recently to gain access being a OW E?

7. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
    Some people claim they did. But others made a scene at the reception and got denied. It's totally random just like the award of gold

8. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    Please note that the JAL web site indicates Emerald members are in fact allowed access. Not sure when this changed.

9. Simon
    Original Member

Simon Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I had no problem accessing this lounge when flying JAL but i guess perhaps this change in policy allows anyone flying any OW carrier.

10. Travelsmart8

Travelsmart8 Silver Member

Status Points:
    So flying out F in CX will grant me access to this lounge right?

11. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
    it has always been that way on the web. They allowed Emerald flying on JAL to access originally. There were reports they sometimes allow emeralds flying other ow carriers. too but YMMV due to capacity control

12. Simon
    Original Member

Simon Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Yeah maybe they let anyone in now but it's always crowded in the morning that they can sight that "too full blah blah" rule and reject you at the door.

13. Travelsmart8

Travelsmart8 Silver Member

Status Points: