HKG Private Car Service?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by Sammich, Mar 9, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. Sammich

Sammich Gold Member

Status Points:
    Can't believe I've been a past resident of HK but never bothered to use this whenever I land at HKG. I've always used public transit because of the minimal amount of luggage I have.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on HKG private car services, I think I have at least 3-4 luggages as a single traveller heading for a business trip this May. From HKG to around Lam Tin or Kowloon City area, won't be landing in HKG until 9pm-10pm ish.

HK Uber is giving me a quote of $533 HKD which isn't too bad, but last I heard they just launched so availability might be scarce?

Blacklane HK is quoting $110 USD.

Thanks all!

2. jonspencer

jonspencer Silver Member

Status Points:
    you know the HK car service is getting too expensive when Emirates stops offering "chauffeur drive" to Business Class passengers, now it is only offered to First Class passengers :eek:

there is a limousine lounge at HK Airport, turn right coming out of baggage claim and go over interior bridge to neighboring building

I used to go from Saikung to the airport (one of the longer HK routes) for around HKD 600 about 2 years ago but do not recall the name of the service

Sammich likes this.
  3. Sammich

Sammich Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks!! 600 ain't bad actually especially to SaiKung. Blacklane's quote of $110 USD is a bit expensive. But good to know HKG has a lounge available.

4. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not expensive at all when it reduces travel stress and time and is an expense. Do it right! :)

[Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk]

Sammich likes this.