HKG Lounge Access

Discussion in 'Cathay Pacific | Asia Miles/Marco Polo Club' started by Rob, Jun 18, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Rob
    Original Member

Rob Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have no status in OneWorld. I have a flight in J from HKG-NRT on CX, then in F from NRT-ORD on AA. Do I get F class lounge access in HKG?

2. moa999
    Original Member

moa999 Gold Member

Status Points:
    oneworld provides lounge access via class of service so you should get access to the CX F Wing or Pier which would be the preferred choice

3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    If it's via class of service, are you sure that CX wouldn't give just the business class lounges in HKG and AA the IFC lounge at NRT?

4. moa999
    Original Member

moa999 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Should have read the OP in full - I think its worth arguing certainly if you get the AA F Boarding Pass.
    Would run the argument on this basis
    Your next CX flight qualifies you on Point 1, you then use your First Boarding card for Point 3 (being an International Same Day flight)

Not totally clear from the oneworld website (eg if you were flying Euro domestic to connect to a F flight you would get access)
    http://www.oneworld.com/ow/ffp/lounge-access#the-oneworld-lounge-access-policy

5. OceanTrotter3

OceanTrotter3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm currently planning a route from SFO-HKG-PVG on Cathay, with the SFO-HKG in First, and HKG-PVG in Business (there's no F cabin on this flight). Would you still be able to get access to the First Class Lounge in The Wing in this case? Would love to try out the cabana if possible! :)

6. Aro

Aro Silver Member

Status Points:
    Flying LHR-HKG in F, connecting to MNL in Y. I am OW Sapphire. Will I get access to the F lounge at HKG?

7. VNAFlyer

VNAFlyer Member

Status Points:
    OceanTrotter3 and Aro, I would suspect that you'd both get F access based on your international long-haul sectors being in F.

OceanTrotter3 likes this.
  8. OceanTrotter3

OceanTrotter3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I hope so. :) Would I need to present my first boarding pass to get in?

9. VNAFlyer

VNAFlyer Member

Status Points:
    Definitely keep it with you just in case... they would let you in if you present it along with your onward BP. But, when you check in with CX in SFO, they should print up the proper lounge access pass for you.

10. windchaser777

windchaser777 Member

Status Points:
    When flying first class on a long haul flight and transiting onto a short haul flight, the CX rules (at least the last time I read them) meant that you would be able to access the First Class lounges in HK.
    However when departing HK, unless the check-in staff are feeling generous and give you an invitation to the F lounges, then travelling in Business Class would only get you into the J lounges, regardless of your class on a connecting flight you may have. Particularly when flying to NRT, which CX considers a short haul flight.