HIX Munich Airport

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by MarkUK, Feb 26, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. MarkUK
    Original Member

MarkUK Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    The advertised rate outside the property is EUR79, but my pre-booked rate was a little higher.
    [​IMG]

I planned to use the shuttle bus from Terminal 1 on arrival, at around 8pm from London. The shuttle is supposed to arrive at XX:15 and XX:45, however, after a 45 minute wait and two phone calls it did appear. It's tiny - 8 seats only and by the time it got to Terminal 2, it was full and people were left behind, either to wait for the next shuttle or to get a cab. At EUR8 each way, this is pretty bad service.

On check-in there were several displaced LH passengers and the staff were keen to serve these before me, calling them to the front of the queue, without apology to the rest of us. When I finally checked in she insisted that I show my AAA card, which luckily I had packed. They also insisted on my date of birth 'for the Police' she claimed.

The tiny shuttle runs every 30 minutes back to the airport (XX:00 and XX:30) and I strongly suggest you book. It goes out full most of the time.

[​IMG]

The rooms are typical HIX - small, with a shower only. Bed was comfortable, and as a Platinum Priority Club member I got free internet - saving EUR6. The rooms are under the flight path from MUC and the glazing does not fully block out all of the noise.
    [​IMG]

The buffet is good - and included in the price. Hard boiled eggs were the only hot item, but there were lots of cereals, breads, cheese, ham and cakes.

Generally a poorly organised shuttle and staff who don't especially care about their patrons, at a location that is noisy. Not likely to return.

2. QSG
    Original Member

QSG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just checked in , thought the 16 Euro for the round trip airport shuttle on top of the rate was a bit much too. Room reminds me of a new style IBIS(which one copied the other?)! Look forward to trying this buffet tomorrow AM.....