HIX Hotel & Suites LAX Hawthorne

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by Exiled in Express, Feb 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Exiled in Express
    Original Member

Exiled in Express Gold Member

the link: http://www.priorityclub.com/hotels/us/en/hawthorne/laxhb/hoteldetail

the address: 11436 Hawthorne Blvd, Hawthorne CA 90250

the review:
    This property is not the closest PC property to the airport or transportation or attractions. It is near several liquor stores and strip clubs, not the neighborhood you would really want to stay. I still recommend as an excellent airport property, it is build with an interior courtyard it shares with a neighboring Candlewood that creates a small oasis. Airport shuttle is 24 hours and quick both coming and going to the airport. My airport pickup call was made on the wrong side of midnight and it was still there within 10 minutes.

Checkin after midnight still got the platinum packet and a welcome gift bag containing bottled water and some chocolate. Upgraded to an overly large suite from a cheap advanced payment rate, room had the full kitchenette and couch, standard HIX king bed. Night was quiet, wakeup call came as expected, and breakfast was abundant with several extras over standard offerings.

Parking was not utilized during my stay but it at a fee for either a spot in the courtyard or in a very secure looking garage. I did see roaming secuity guards both at checkin and departure and would not be concerned with leaving a car here. The room key system was RFID based rather than magnetic strip, misplacing the key card will come with a charge.

Great location for a single night going/coming to LAX, would not stay for a longer period or any other reason. Cheap clean and convenient, with platinum goodies and points.