Hitting the Minimum Spend for the Amex Business Gold Rewards

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by andhoova, May 16, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. andhoova

andhoova Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was able to get in on the limited offer for the Amex gold business with 75K bonus after 5K spending in 3 months. I usually have no problem hitting minimum spending requirements because I have an abundance of Vanilla Reloads in my area, however I have read that this card is a magnet for financial reviews by Amex. Does anyone have experience purchasing Vanilla Reloads with this card or any other creative suggestions for hitting the minimum spending requirements?

2. tulane09

tulane09 Silver Member

Status Points:
    i did $10k almost all on VRs earlier, just mix in some other expenses. I had some hotels and rental cars.

3. andhoova

andhoova Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the reply, did you use the Amex Business Gold for all of that?

4. tulane09

tulane09 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yep, I had the January offer where you had to hit $10,000. I think I did 9 $1,000 VR runs for it.

5. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Glad to see all the bloggers that so actively sold this card are now falling over each other in an attempt to be the first to provide post-sale support to their customers ;)

6. andhoova

andhoova Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ok

7. Traveling Momma

Traveling Momma Silver Member

Status Points:
    Be careful with this one. I don't have any first hand negative experience with it but personally I'm now buying $500 gift cards at different stores like Dominicks, Walmart, etc... along with VR's from CVS so the spend isn't all being flagged as $1007.20 from CVS every day. Amex is smart and ruthless. Be sure to use the card for everyday purchases too.

TravelBear likes this.
  8. andhoova

andhoova Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah for sure, I've got a few travel expenses on it plus I'm buying ReloadIT cards at grocery stores (with groceries) to mix up the dollar amounts.

TravelBear likes this.
  9. merice107

merice107 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I too used a mixture of everyday spend, VR, Amex target loads, and 1 or two REloadit cards. That over three months helped me meet my min. Spend of 10k a month early. I don't know if this makes a difference but I had a lot of small everyday purchases; $8 bucks at Starbucks, $7 at jimmy johns, etc. And I always buy different things at CVS so that my purchase amounts vary from $1008ish and $1040ish.

Cdnblue and TravelBear like this.