Hire a MilePointer

Discussion in 'Community Center' started by ariyo15, Oct 18, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. ariyo15
    Original Member

ariyo15 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Given a similar thread on "that other site," I thought this could be a good place for like-minded individuals to post about potential job openings and/or individuals' needs for specific types of work. In that spirit, I'd like to start off with a post for my own company. With that out of the way, here we go - I hope this is the first of many here on MilePoint!

Are you that one person in your circle of friends and family who books award tickets for everyone? Do you dream at night about airline and alliance route-maps? Have you ever put together a complex, dream-like award, then put it on hold... For no one, just for fun?

If any of those scenarios even remotely describes you, chances are you're a great fit for an award-booking job! We're looking for motivated individuals, with an advanced knowledge in award bookings - including how to delicately deal with pesky, airline phone reps - to join our team and make a huge impact for hundreds (or even thousands) of people who can't do this on their own.

Qualifications:
    -Self motivated
    -Proficient writing skills
    -Great public speaker
    -Flexible working hours
    -Strong understanding of all three major airline alliances, their partners and their routes
    -Immersion in the FT/MP/blogging world, constantly keeping up to date with CC offers, transfer bonuses, new routes, new aircraft, etc...
    -Someone who hates a "9-to-5" job

If you think you're qualified and are looking for work with a reputable award-booking company, please contact me at Ari(at)FirstClassAndBeyond(dot)com. Please put "AWARD BOOKER JOB" in the subject line, and include (at a minimum) the following information:
    -How many hours per week you are willing to commit to this job
    -How many years of booking experience you have
    -What the single best award you have booked has been
    -Have you ever worked (or do you currently work) as a professional award booker?
    -Which is your favorite miles/points blog and why?
    What is your FT handle?
    -What is the closes major airport to you?

Thank you in advance, and I can't wait to see what kind of fantastic talent comes out of this search!

wrxmom, anileze, sobore and 2 others like this.
  2. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    Feel free to name "that other site," there are more than one forum for travelers and we're comfortable supporting and acknowledging all the things that can help a traveler. Good luck with your search.

wrxmom, uggboy and bobsgt like this.
  3. ariyo15
    Original Member

ariyo15 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks Randy - I appreciate the support and will use only full names from here on out :)

uggboy and bobsgt like this.
  4. bobsgt
    Original Member

bobsgt Gold Member

Status Points:
    TOBB? :rolleyes:

Please use Randy's FULL NAME. :D

viguera and uggboy like this.
  5. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    I may have some not-travel-related software development hours to sub-contract. I'd be happy to list the situation at MilePoint as well as other places, but only if doing so would be considered desirable. Any problems with doing so?

6. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    I don't see any problems, this is the friendly place for frequent flyers!

7. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    Excellent (although, I hope you mean friendly as in "friendly" not friendly as in "friendly skies"!)

8. ariyo15
    Original Member

ariyo15 Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is a final call... LAST CALL FOR THE AWARD-BOOKING JOB YOU'VE ALWAYS WANTED!!!

Are you that one person in your circle of friends and family who books award tickets for everyone? Do you dream at night about airline and alliance route-maps? Have you ever put together a complex, dream-like award, then put it on hold... For no one, just for fun?

If any of those scenarios even remotely describes you, chances are you're a great fit for an award-booking job! We're looking for motivated individuals, with an advanced knowledge in award bookings - including how to delicately deal with pesky, airline phone reps - to join our team and make a huge impact for hundreds (or even thousands) of people who can't do this on their own.

Qualifications:
    -Self motivated
    -Proficient writing skills
    -Great public speaker
    -Flexible working hours
    -Strong understanding of all three major airline alliances, their partners and their routes
    -Immersion in the FT/MP/blogging world, constantly keeping up to date with CC offers, transfer bonuses, new routes, new aircraft, etc...
    -Someone who hates a "9-to-5" job

If you think you're qualified and are looking for work with a reputable award-booking company, please contact me at Ari(at)FirstClassAndBeyond(dot)com. Please put "AWARD BOOKER JOB" in the subject line, and include (at a minimum) the following information:
    -Full name
    -Phone number and best time to reach you
    -How many hours per week you are willing to commit to this job?
    -How many years of booking experience you have?
    -What the single best award you have booked has been
    -Have you ever worked (or do you currently work) as a professional award booker?
    -Which is your favorite miles/points blog and why?
    What is your FT handle?
    -What is the closes major airport to you?