Hip beach in Dubai attracts all walks of life

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by gregm, Apr 29, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    The ribbon of beach nestled along the towering skyscrapers rising from Dubai's man-made marina district is a rare spot in the Middle East, bringing together the conservatively dressed and the bikini-clad in a multiethnic mix of those with means and those still striving for a more comfortable life.

Read more: http://news.yahoo.com/hip-beach-dubai-attracts-walks-life-072919610.html

FWIW, my favorite beaches are a tie between Mamia and Vama Veche, both fantastic beaches on the Romanian coast of the Black Sea.

2. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    marcwint55 likes this.
  3. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've been there several times and often noticed tourists dressed somewhat inappropriate for the location. While I may not agree with many of the laws and customs there, I think it is proper to respect their rules and regulations. Skimpy tight bathing suits are not appropriate for that part of the world. Dubai is very much dependent on tourism dollars as they do not have the oil revenue of Abu Dhabi, so they often overlook certain attire, but that does not make it right to disrespect their customs.

Kalboz likes this.