Hilton's New Design

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by RestlessLocationSyndrome, Apr 20, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just read an article on USAToday (http://travel.usatoday.com/hotels/p...-look-in-new-designs-for-lobby-rooms/166663/1) about Hilton's new design. Obviously hotels have to freshen up their look from time to time but do you think this the right move for Hilton? Many of the Hiltons I've been in recently already seem pretty up to date albeit not inviting for a community atmosphere in the lobby. Does it make sense to turn the lobby of every Hilton into an quasi-Apple store/Starbucks or could they better spend the money elsewhere?

2. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    It sounds like a place I would want to stay. Right now I avoid Hiltons (Doubletrees are awesome, since I like their cookies). But as the article says, I am their target audience.

3. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    The problem with Hilton's is that they have relied on being the top chain of the core HHonors program (yes there are Waldorf and Conrad properties, but most travelers are never going to see them) and as other chains in the space have made an effort to stay current, Hilton has focused on their legacy and other brands.

KENNECTED likes this.
  4. Toula
    Original Member

Toula Gold Member

Status Points:
    I like what they are doing in theory. I especially like the idea of doing away with the tub and just having a shower. I much prefer rooms that have no tub, they just feel cleaner and more spacious.

5. sdcarver
    Original Member

sdcarver Silver Member

Status Points:
    I like the idea of making the Lobby to a more "social space" and I very much like that Hilton is starting to put more energy into updating and treating their eilte guests better.

For me one of the best bedrooms in Hilton I have experienced was at the Hiton Beijing Wangfujing Executive Floor, All Controls to the room at bedside including window curtains and blinds, both a shower and tub in the bathroom, Plenty of electrical and both wi fi and wired internet access, and roll away doors that exposed the bathroom to the rest of the room which really opened up the room.

sdcarver

6. chitownflyer
    Original Member

chitownflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I find this an interesting move on Hilton's part, but their best hotels, which are most often found at international locations, are already quite well designed, and I like the diversity which they have.

7. infoworks
    Original Member

infoworks Silver Member

Status Points:
    I spend little time in lobbies, but I understand the need to have them "appear" right and I have been told from several hotel sources that guest feedback suggests the lobby design is important. I would rather see the investment in rooms and exec lounges, in-room amenities, faster, free wireless broadband, etc - especially for elite levels.

8. Jim
    Original Member

Jim Silver Member

Status Points:
    If I wanted "Euro Style" I would go to Europe.