Hilton Woodcliff Lake

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Tenmoc, Jan 31, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Tenmoc
    Original Member

Tenmoc Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Hilton Woodcliff Lake was a great weekend away without going too far away. I hate the term staycation, but this is what they likely had in mind with it.

We discovered this Hilton simply by checking rates during Hilton’s Any Weekend/Anywhere sale on their website. I often look for cheap (sub 100) stays near home during the years I push for Diamond when I have upcoming stays that I would prefer to have the status. So this is how we found the hotel.

It is somewhat of a wedding/gathering/etc hotel and they have the facilities to handle it. Somewhat spread out and 4 total stories high this hotel promotes a bit of walking in your daily routine as often you’re a bit of a hike from the lobby. I did not mind this at all although there are some complaints on tripadvisor about it.

Finding the hotel was easy as Google Now uses the confirmation email and pulls the reservation up with auto links to navigation and such. Although I knew where the hotel was, I was surprised at the exit off the Parkway and also how easy it was to get here.

Check in was very easy and the woman helping us was very friendly and made sure we knew if we needed anything to come to her and let her know. We were happy to check in before dinner time and explore a bit after hearing of the dining options on property which included the restaurant and the bar both of which we were told would earn Hilton Honors points if we charged it to our room. We didn’t try this out though, so can not confirm.

[​IMG]
    The room itself was nice with some buts. An upgrade off the basic King to an executive room it had the bed, the desk and a nice sized flat TV. The walls were a bit thin and the door and apparently every other door was cut a little short and had no sound proofing. This meant we heard the entire hallway goings on all night long. Not great, but we dealt with it.

[​IMG]
    The bathroom was a bit plain for a full service Hilton but managed to meet our needs. This also led to our only service request of the stay where we asked housekeeping in the hallway for more towels when they made up our room that day as we were leaving. Very pleasant conversation and of course the request was handled perfectly.

My biggest complaint in the room was the TV. HGTV would drift in and out of audio sync. This was actually a big disappointment to us as we do not have cable TV at home and enjoy it during our stays as a benefit/perk to the room rental.

[​IMG]
    The bed itself was extremely comfortable and I would stay here again based on that alone. We both managed a couple of good nights of sleep here which can be rare.

[​IMG]
    The only thing I really wish would have been better is the hotel’s refusal to offer a copy of my bill because it was booked through a third party. This third party was of course the Any Weekend/Anywhere prepaid rate on Hilton.com. I was amazed that they consider Hilton.com a 3rd party. I explained how I have been screwed out of points and stay credits in the past when not taking my bill on a prepaid stay and they relented as a courtesy, but this is something Hilton has to address.

I would definitely stay here again if I could find a good rate under $100. But most of the year they are commanding much higher rates. The hotel is worth it in my opinion but for a stay that’s sole purpose is the stay credit, I will keep to my limits. If have need to be in the area, do check it out as a possibility.

Jimgotkp, NYBanker, GoodBoy and 3 others like this.